Honored Contributor

Does anyone use this as a face cleanser? Regular or sensitive? I just saw it on sale, on the Costco website, so it made me wonder.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

Does anyone use this as a face cleanser? Regular or sensitive? I just saw it on sale, on the Costco website, so it made me wonder.

@JeanLouiseFinch

Yes I've used Dove white or pink for years, prefer the regular white. Just did the same thing, ordered the big pack from Sam's Club. Had tried Beekman bar soaps in between for a change, couldn't wait to get back to Dove.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We use Dove Sensitive on a regular basis. It's my husband's favoite bar soap. I have used it on my face only on occasion in the shower, without incident to my complexion. We also use the Sensitive Body Wash.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

I do. It's the pink one.

I've seen the commercials for this with dermatologists endorsement.

I've always preferred this to wipes or other removers, although I do have and like Philosophy.

Word of caution though, it does not remove my IT foundation. I have extremely hard water. Can't even produce lather it's that bad. So that might have something to do with it. When I have the IT on, I use a makup remover followed by the Dove.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchmany, many years ago I used it but remember it being drying. As a body cleanser it's ok but can still be drying depending on which one I use.

Honored Contributor

When I had my son, many years ago, during my son's first office visit with the Pediatrician. the Pediatrician said to only use Dove bars as soap when bathing my son.

He said that the other bar soaps had too many ingredients that were too harsh for a baby's skin.

I have been buying Dove bars ever since.

Respected Contributor

White, pink, or the sensitive bar all work great. I agree about the Beekman bar, very drying. Goat Milk Stuff pure bar works great as well.

Honored Contributor

I've never been able to use Dove. Too drying on my face, etc.

Respected Contributor

@Chopsmomwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

I do. It's the pink one.

I've always preferred this to wipes or other removers, although I do have and like Philosophy.

Word of caution though, it does not remove my IT foundation. I have extremely hard water. Can't even produce lather it's that bad. So that might have something to do with it. When I have the IT on, I use a makup remover followed by the Dove.

@ChopsmomI don't want to go off topic but I have used several facial cleansers and my IT foundation is hard to get completely off. I always have some on my pillow case.

Honored Contributor

@Winkkwrote:

@Chopsmomwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

I do. It's the pink one.

@ChopsmomI don't want to go off topic but I have used several facial cleansers and my IT foundation is hard to get completely off. I always have some on my pillow case.

Ladies - I'm only an occasional user of IT CC Cream. I like the nude glow version. Anyway, I always do a double cleanse at night no matter what I've had on during the day. My first cleanse is with Palmers Facial Cleansing Oil. It's inexpensive, but gentle and effective at breaking stuff down - really good at removing mascara. Then I follow up with my cleanser of choice - usually a creamy, non-lathering one at night.