Honored Contributor

This is why never buy cheap skin products and ones from dollar stores!

Lady used Ponds face cream and ended up in a coma due to the ingredient last month.

Sacramento officials warned its residents to stop using similar face creams imported from Mexico, which may be contaminated with methylmercury.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Dont buy Cheap Skin Care

Definitely don't buy Mexican knock-offs! Thats for sure. Mercury in a cold cream, good grief!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

There are a lot of questionable edibles in checkout lines too.  

Honored Contributor

What is a good and reasonably priced product? Last year, I wrote down one mentioned on the boards, but I can't find it. My recollection of the name is #7 Boots Skin Care.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

What is a good and reasonably priced product? Last year, I wrote down one mentioned on the boards, but I can't find it. My recollection of the name is #7 Boots Skin Care.

@AuntG  This is a legitimate brand. I've seen it carried at Target and Walgreen's, among other retail resources.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

dollar stores give me the creeps 

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  Walgreens has quite a few Boots #7 items and samples. They have a kit half off before the Holidays that the clerks said they are going to wait for..  Samples are available. Target also  carries the line. I really like their Hot Cloth  cleanser in the Winter as so  soothing. Medium priced.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

No 7 is what it's called now. It's a good line. The actives are not particularly concentrated, but the products are reasonably priced. CeraVe is also reasonably priced and very high quality, value for money.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

What is a good and reasonably priced product?

@AuntG 

Pond's IS a reputable product.

Nothing wrong with that brand.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

dollar stores give me the creeps 

@jackthebear 

@CherryHugs 

It was purchased through an 'informal network' that imported the cream from Mexico.  Didn't say anything about dollar stores.