Respected Contributor

Done with Philosophy "Fragrances"...Lavanila experience anyone?

Well, that's it...I used to LOVE Philosophy Pure Grace, but sadly, as many of us have been lamenting since Philosophy got bought by Coty, formulas must have been changed as they no longer stay on but seconds. Smiley Sad 

I just tried my LAST one...Coconut Vanilla Spritz, as some of the reviews were good. It's like water. You spray it on, it's nice for literally seconds. Then...nothing. I'm done. And this is going back.

So I was searching Amazon and Lavanila, which I've considered before and it was on my radar to try, but just never have, gets great reviews. I'm considering either the pure Vanilla, or to replace this Philosophy Coconut Vanilla...Lavanila has a Coconut Vanilla I think I'll try first for summer.

Anyone have experience with Lavanila? Reviews?

Either way, I can try via Amazon and no 6.95 to return!! So I'm going for it. 

Bye bye Philosophy. Sad to say goodbye to Pure Grace...got some for Christmas...my last try...NO smell. It was my favorite.

Honored Contributor

Re: Done with Philosophy "Fragrances"...Lavanila experience anyone?

FYI, CLEAN Ultimate is a dupe for Pure Grace. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle Thank you! I'll check that out!

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle Thank you! I'll check that out!

I think you will like it, I have been wearing it for years. 

Respected Contributor

@amyb I agree with @Shelbelle that you might consider Clean Ultimate.  Clean was my go to for many years and they date back to the early 90's and have been sold since then.  Their formulas have changed as well over the years, but they still smell good to me.  Clean isn't a cheap knock off of any other fragrance but a stand alone fragrance company that has endured for years,  Hope they work for you as well.  My favorite is still the Classic that got my attention many years ago.  

I recently tried the Amazing Grace Bergamont and noticed that it seems for fade very quickly.  But, I could really smell it on my clothes later so I think there is more fragrance there than I realize.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I was done after they messed with Falling In Love 😢

Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

I recently tried the Amazing Grace Bergamont and noticed that it seems for fade very quickly.  But, I could really smell it on my clothes later so I think there is more fragrance there than I realize.  

@Jk9  - I've posted many times that I'm an Amazing Grace fan.  The clothing in my laundry basket smells so good and I continue to get compliments from strangers.

@amyb  - Have you tried Amazing Grace?  The scent has always lasted well for me.  I wear the spritz and/or the EDT /EDP.

Trusted Contributor

@amyb 

If you are looking for reviews or a way to search notes/accords check out Fragrantica (dot) com. 

LaVanilla Labs is there as is the entire Clean line. It's a fun site.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Worn LAVANILA exclusively for about 10 years (after ditching Amazing Grace).

I personally prefer the combo scents -- such as Vanilla Coconut in summer and Vanilla Grapefruit in winter. Something about those top notes just make it different, somehow brighter. Even LAVANILA Sugarcane with its mandarin notes is a little better than the Pure for me. Pure is just a little too heavy and "baked goods" smell for my taste or maybe too simple, though not a bad starting place. (ymmv...I guess I like a citrus note in my fragrance, haha.)

Might suggest starting small with something like the combo rollerball set to find your preferred scent if you decide to try LAVANILA. Also sign up for emails on their website, they have sales and coupons all the time. Good luck finding your new go-to scent!

P.S. Their deodorant is fantastic. Sometimes natural deodorants don't work for everyone. I have very sensitive skin, and their detox mask really helped me transition.

ETA: The LAVANILA scents to go on strong initially in the first squirt or two . Give it a minute or two to settle, and then you will have a lovely lasting but not too strong (imo) scent with you throughout the day. I've only ever had one person in public complain about my perfume. One person out of 10 years...not a bad record. My better half loves all of the LAVANILA scents I wear.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone for some good suggestions and feedback.

@Zoe Tks so much for the detailed Lavanila review! I think I will probably start with the Coconut Vanilla for summer also. ...and go from there. I've always heard good things about the line, and the deoderant! On that note, I recently started using "Native" deoderant (CVS) and it's been the first "no aluminum" deoderant I've ever tried that actually works! 

@Jk9 @San Antonio Gal I have a bottle of Amazing Grace also...from some old stash (plus my Pure Grace Christmas gift came with some small AG samples too.) I also have had a little better luck with staying power with AG...maybe because it's an old bottle however, I don't think it's so old it pre-dates "Coty" so maybe it just works better.

I do like AG. Pretty, light, fresh, feminine. But, I LOVED old Pure Grace on me, and got so many compliments when I had it on. It just felt so "me." I like just "soap and water" clean. Smiley Sad

Anyway, I'll look into trying the Clean line and I'll check out the website for coupons etc.

I also, last Summer bought "Inis" when I was in Maine. That also has a fresh, clean scent. It lasts a while, not all day but better than Philosophy.

Tks again everyone!