Honored Contributor

Re: Donating gently used make-up to a good cause...

For those of us who ARE interested in donating this is useful information.

Thanks @San Antonio Gal.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

For all those expressing very colorful negative opinions...

it’s👏a👏donation👏not👏for👏your👏use.

Those in the position of wanting this donation 

would be very grateful for anything sent their way. 

Honored Contributor

In the past I donated make-up items, lotions, etc. to a local organization.  They will no longer accept anything opened.  Also, cannot accept homemade baked items which I donated there for years, but it is no longer accepted.  The places mentioned here to mail things don't appeal to me as I feel I would be paying to ship items that they would probably toss out anyway.

Honored Contributor

IMO once you open makeup it's contaminated, if you are the only one who uses it, it's your cooties you are exposed to. I had one heck of an eye infection last winter and the ophthalmologist told me to throw all my mascara and eye shadow palette in the trash. How would you possibly sterilize used makeup ?

Valued Contributor

I donate all my samples that I get like from Clinique, etc...

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for posting.  I too saw this article last night on yahoo and was very surprised but glad that I can donate my stack of new and unopened cosmetics I don't need.  I'm packing them as I type this and they'll be on their way to Cali this week.  I'm not sure about the "gently used". That doesn't sound such a good idea.

What I'm donating is brand new and unopened.  I wish I knew this 2 months ago when i threw out a bunch of goodies-  all new.  Too bad.

Thanks again for posting.

Honored Contributor

I follow a gal on YouTube who buys from Glambot

It’s a pre-owned makeup site..and selling never used would

definitely be the way to go with this.

Trusted Contributor

I have so many lotions and potions, make up (mostly eyeshadows) trays, sealed mascara's etc etc from buying KITS. Sometimes it is so much cheaper to get a kit and just stash the extra stuff than it is to buy the one piece you need.

This is a great list. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I would also like to suggest:

Sierra House

11 South Maple Ave.

East Orange, NJ  07018

In addition, they have accepted 'like new' purses and totes for the moms to use as well as 'like new' toys for the babies-toddlers.

They no longer accept used clothing but have graciously accepted with thanks 'like new' cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

I won't donate anything consumable that I wouldn't use (or, in the case of food, eat) myself.  I think doing so demonstrates a lack of respect for those less fortunate.