Respected Contributor

Re: Don't moisturize your neck?

Every one's skin is different.   That said,  my dermatologist says moisturize from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet.  (Avoid between toes).

Companies sell many different products.   Some may work better on some body parts.   Sometimes it's all in the hype.  Sometimes it's the fragrance (or lack of) or thickness or even a specific ingredient that seems to be better for some body areas than others.   

I use the same moisturizer on my neck that I do on my face.   Sometimes I use my body cream on my neck.   I've never had a problem and my neck looks pretty good.  I credit that to genetics,  not the creams.

I've also used an eye cream around my eyes for many, many, many years.  I have very few wrinkles around my eyes.   Is it the eye creams I've diligently applied morning and night (differet ones in daytime under makeup than at night) or is it just good genes or luck?  I can't use regular facial moisturizers around my eyes.... they make my eyes tear,  while I've found many eye creams that are just fine.  Right now I'm using a Neutrogena eye cream. 

I've use face moisturizer twice a day also,  for many, many, many, many years and have stayed out of the sun for the past 30 years. Nothing I've done has avoided the  appearance of many horizontal wrinkle lines across my farhead.  Wrong creams?  too much stress?  genes?