Valued Contributor

Re: Don't know anything about Beekman

@Katcat1 wrote:

I really do not like those LARGE bars of soap.  If they were regular size, I would definitely try them.  I love their little goats roaming the set during the TSV.  SO cute.  The vendors seem very friendly.  I have been using Zum bar soap (goat's milk)  for over 15 years.  I always have a bar at my bathroom sink.  My skin is never dry especially my hands. Cat HappyHeart

@Katcat1 

they do have smaller sizes, not here though. they may have some on hsn. usually, i see them around the xmas holdiay. they come in a tin/bucket. they may also have them on their own web site.

Valued Contributor

honestly, i think it is, but it is subjective.

if a light scent is a problem, try their "pure" bar soap option.

it is scent & fragrance free and has the most goat milk.

by subjective, i mean it depends on what one wants from a bar of soap.

if one is okay with using soap that has a lot of chemicals, gets mushy after a few uses, then stick with products in the grocery drug store.

josh and brent are telling the truth when they say a bar will last almost 2 months.
perhaps if you left it sitting in a bowl of water, it won't last as long, but i've never had a bar get mushy.

if one wants to remove as many chemicals as possible from what they put on their body, then stay out of the grocery store and look for brands that have more natural ingredients, one of which is beekman bar soap.

there are other brands like korres, that don't fill their products with all types of fillers (aka cheap ingredients that don't add any value and probably do more harm then good).

at the end of the day, it really depends on what type of products one wants to use.

products with better ingredients will improve the skin.

it may not happen over night, but in a week, i think most will see a difference when they upgrade, so to speak.

everything doesn't work for everyone, for a variety of reasons. and it may take a while to see the difference.

this soap, drinking more water and a really good sugar scrub will change skin for the better.

Honored Contributor

I have eczema and my skin will crack and bleed. I resisted buying bar soaps (what are we in the 70s?) and used liquid soaps for decades. After watching them on the other channel - I gave in and bought their special so the soaps have been in my BR for a few years.

Yes - I perfer some of their scents more than others. They are NOT all winners to me

I have experienced and enjoyed Pure, Vanilla Absolute, Honey and Oats, Ylang Ylang Tuberose. 

Their wipes are very good

Lotions - hand or body is not moisturizing enough for me since I crack and bleed.

Body creams are fantastic

The TSV is an excellant value - their special price for the soaps is usually 10.00 each

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your comments everyone! I'm still undecided, but I learned a lot! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 This sounds like me. Do you have Rosacea or autoimmune disease? Don't answer if you aren't comfortable. Your skin sounds like mine. I use everything excecpt I have been hesitant to try the skin care. It sounds like it has really helped you. Thanks

Occasional Contributor

Great,great,great! Soaps are awesome and hydrating. Body cream is amazing! I also swear by their lip balms. I have been using their products for about a year and they never disappoint!

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom 

I have autoimmune and severe RA (since early 40s).  My skin has always been a pure mess especially face.  I had used every Rx and scrub, lotions, etc. from cheap to $$$ from dermatologist.  I only use the pure unscented soaps.  

I discovered Beekman accidentally thru a lady at my pool. I am in the sun & swim (or walk the pool) most everyday -- she gave me wipes.  So refreshing & cooling.  Then, she gave small bar of soap.  

Then I bought the Triple Milk line (the peel is amazing) took it to my dermatologist and even she agreed it was gentle for my skin.  Of course, I see a estetician every 2 months for a deep cleaning.  And I love the whipped body cream, especially for elbows.  (No scents in these products.)

I've been using their products solely and can only give them ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ based on my own situation but when I started my 6 yr old GD who had "itchy, scratchy skin & the start of exema I was convinced😊 that pure goat soap was the answer!

The products are no more expensive than name brand ones IMO.  I know their story, goats  & neighbor thing gets a little over the top but I didn't buy for that but what I feel did great things for my healthy skin after years of "searching"🙂.  

I did buy the TSV which I'm sharing with my niece&hubby who I started on Beekman but I'll keep the pure pieces -- in fact, i ordered wipes and baby goat soaps for their new baby expected late August.

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1  It's very kind of you to share. We have very similiar stories. I use all Beekman except the skin care.I think I will now try it.It seems like the AI is trying to kill me.I've had hives and rosacea attack for almost a year. Even around my eyes.I have Fibro and chronic pain.Nothing helps. I imagine you know the frustration.Even the guys in my family and GD use the soap, shampoo bars shampoo and shave products. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thanks

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom @homedecor1 The Beekman’s are on saying how natural this soap and no harmful ingredients.That’s a joke! You can look up the ingredients under the item number and they include the following harmful ingredients: Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide...