Respected Contributor

Re: Don't know anything about Beekman

Thank you for responding @JeanLouiseFinch 

Honored Contributor

I'm a total bath & body person but this line doesn't even tempt me in the least.

The goats are adorable but there is something off-putting to me about the 2 vendors. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the goat soap. I like it, I got a special value of it on the other chanell last year.

I'm watching them right now on QVC. They are showing the cutest little goats. Well, now I'm not so much wanting to order the products. Dang, I wish I could have a goat. Or a friend who had them who would let me pet them. My sister had goats for several years, they were so smart and funny.

Back to the Beekman stuff, I think I would try their products. I do like the soaps.

Respected Contributor

I found it to be drying.  The hand cream doesn't work as well for me as First Aid Beauty creams.  I also don't like that goat's milk is way down on their list of ingredients.  I prefer Goat Milk Stuff which #1 ingredient is goats milk.  My skin feels hydrated and soft. CS is fantastic.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder how the face soap is ,never tried that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I found it to be drying.  The hand cream doesn't work as well for me as First Aid Beauty creams.  I also don't like that goat's milk is way down on their list of ingredients.  I prefer Goat Milk Stuff which #1 ingredient is goats milk.  My skin feels hydrated and soft. CS is fantastic.  

I use First Aid Beauty cream on my and it seems to help with his eczema.

Regular Contributor

I have tried a lot of Beekman products.  I'm totally addicted to the soap and wipes.  Use every day.  Also really like the hand wash and shampoo.  Items that I would not reorder:  the hand lotion (however I really like the hand salve for once a day use), the body lotion (I really like the body cream but the lotion not so much).  Not overly impressed with the lip balms.  

Honored Contributor

I just can't use bar soap.  Even as a child when nothing else was available I didn't like it, thought it was gross.  It's a texture thing.  Unless I can have it straight out of the package and then throw it away.  The bottom always seems to be wet and slimy, and if it ever does dry, it dries completely out and doesn't seem to work.  My husband, on the other hand, seems to like bar soap.  I'm the same way about tub baths.  When we built a house when I was in the 5th grade and got showers I never looked back.  I don't like how the yuck in the bath water gets back on your skin when you get out.  Once again, hubby loves to soak in the tub.  

Respected Contributor

Everyone has their own fragrance preferences, likes and dislikes.  The advantage of the Beekman PURE unscented products is they truly have no scent... not a bad scent,  not a fragrance.   That's a rare find in an unscented product.  And the Pure is the best way to try the line.

I love the Beekman soaps and body cream.  I think they are the best products in the line and as good or better than anything else I have tried.   The soap is lovely,  doesn't dry out my sensitive skin, and rinses completely.  I find it very lightly fragranced,  so none of the fragraces in the soap bother me.   I wish some of the soap scents were stronger.  Also,  because the soap is triple milled it does last a long time and doesn't get mushy.  The 9 oz. bar is large, and I have small hands,  but after a few weeks it's a little smaller.   And I appreciate the value in the large bar of soap.   Yes, they make 3.5 oz. bars of soap,  which I like to use at the sink.

The body cream is excellent.  It's very moisturizing and absorbs completely.  The fragrances in the body cream are stronger than in the soap.  The pure is good,  no scent.   But I also love the Honey/Orange Blossom,  Grapefruit, and the Vanilla.   I haven't tried the others yet,  but I have a collection.

The hand cream is good,  light weight and absorbs in a second. The fragrances in the hand cream are stronger than in the soaps.   I don't consider it a heavy duty hand cream.  My hands are very dry in the winter months and nothing seems to work well.   Beekman does make a much richer and thicker hand salve.  It's excellent.

I also like the lip balm.  I prefer the Pure, without scent for my lips.    And the face wipes are great too.  I don't find them drying and they do a good job and leave the face feeling clean.  Again,  as much as I like fragrance in bath products,  I prefer the Pure unscented Beekman products to use on my face.   I just don't like having a scent right under my nose.

I've used the Pure soap and the Pure body cream on my face at times.  They worked just fine,  no issues.   Beekman does make products especially for the face... soaps and moisturizers.   They are supposedly formulated to be more gentle for the face and contain specific ingredients to address age and other facial issues.  I haven't tried them yet.

I don't know if the goat milk story and lack of certain other 'harmful' ingredients is the reason I like these products.  It makes sense,  but who knows.   Any product is a combination of it's ingredients.... what's in there and what's not,  and in what proportion, and how they are combined, etc.   Add to that,  the particulars of your own skin and fragrance and texture preferences.

The packaging on the Beekman products is beautiful.  That makes a difference to some, not to others. The packaging does add to the 'experience' and feeling of taking care of yourself.   The cute little goats are a turn-off for me,  not an incentive to buy the products.  Each to their own.  

All that said,  I have used the Beekman products for about 2 years and keep buying more.  I could stock a warehouse with soaps body creams, lip balms, and hand creams.   And I'll probably order the TSV on auto-ship... it's a good value and I want to try the new scent in the soap. 

For those who are curious,  I'd say try the Beekman soaps and body cream.   The TSV is a good value,  but if you don't want to jump in all the way,  buy a bar of Beekman PURE unscented soap.

Regular Contributor

How do the Beekman soaps compare to the Goat Milk and Stuff soaps? The Goat Milk and Stuff's Calendula and Purity soaps are my Gold Standard for Goat Milk. Anyone use both af these and can comment on the comparison between the two?