Valued Contributor

Re: Don't forget Edward Bess Friday night,

Josea922, I know it is a long shot, but they may not have received your email or it may have been accidently deleted - things happen sometimes. I would send your suggestion again (it's not unreasonable, I prefer unscented too) and see what happens. Let us know what happens if you do send it againSmile

Super Contributor

very nice foundation.... really has great coverage...

Esteemed Contributor

Good to hear about the foundation. Do they look darker online than in real life? TIA

Esteemed Contributor

I really want to try his concealer.

Contributor

I have the Hair Hero, and I like it, but I don't know if I will order again. It is very heavily fragranced. I don't have allergies, I just don't care for strong scents.

Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Josea922 said:

That's so sweet that he sent you a personal handwritten card in response to your email because you loved one of his products. Unfortunately when I sent an email asking him to consider removing the fragrance from his products so people with sensitive skin could enjoy them, I got no response at all. No handwritten card, no return email. Nothing. I guess he only takes the time to respond to emails when they are in his favor.

I'm sorry. I do have to apologize for my snotty response. But it's been months and I still can't believe his company never responded. Even a "form" response would have been better than nothing. I've emailed many companies over the years and this was the first time my email was completely ignored.

I believe my point was valid. Fragrance in skin care and beauty products adds no benefit. The products of his that I've tried were lovely, but I couldn't possibly use them due to sensitive skin and allergies.

I'm so glad you posted this. I can't use scented products either, so I won't watch the show with as much interest now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Wsmom said:

Good to hear about the foundation. Do they look darker online than in real life? TIA

The foundation colors appear to be showing a tad darker than actual on QVC.com (on my monitor). The color range is limited compared to some other brands, but if he has a shade which works for you the mousse foundation feels heavenly. If you are familiar with the (now defunct) Sue Devitt brand Seaweed Mousse foundation it has a similar texture and look when applied.

The eye/lip/cheek palette is a winner in either shade! If it should sell out, although the QVC price is lower, when you add on the s&h it only amounts to $5 less than the ($75) price at Edward's counters elsewhere and his website. That said I'm glad that QVC is giving Edward a full hour. It's refreshing to see a newer brand given a nice push.

Respected Contributor

I don't use his line but I lime his story and his on-air vibe. I will tune in to see the shadows and blush...hey,I might get tempted!!!
Respected Contributor

Just shoot me! I need more makeup like I need a hole in my head, but I bought his foundation, concealer and two color pallets. I didn't get the primer because even though he says his foundation is matte, it looks moist-but maybe I am seeing the highlighter. Poodlepet
Honored Contributor

On 9/4/2014 vandyfan said: Edward's first hour-long show will air Friday night, the 5th, at 8 central. This is the darling who sent me a personal, hand-written card, thanking me for the email I sent him raving about his foundation. I may not buy anything, but I will certainly watch!

Thanks for sharing that. It's always nice to hear good things about vendors and companies. I generally don't want to spend as much as he charges on makeup because I don't wear it enough to be worth it to me, but if I see he makes something I'd get a lot of use of, I'm more likely to consider supporting him because he seems to value his customers.