Respected Contributor

Re: Don’t do what I did! Lesson learned the hard way... 😥

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Owww, those are terrible!  As a child I used to get them a lot.  

I don't know what caused them way back then, but I was constantly getting them.

Eyes seem to get more sensitive to things as we get older.  I hope you get over this soon!

I used to get them as a child also.

Don't know why.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Leeny, sounds like we had same kind of issue.  My drops are Azasite, ophthalmic form of  azithromycin.  I swear there is maybe 1/4 teaspoon in jar when I got it- miniscule amount, I think I’m almost out and don’t think I’ll nearly get through the next week and half.  But I think the infection is gone. There is some remaining swelling in my eye , looks like a little bubble, but not tender at all.  Hoping it starts to drain. 

The first thing I did few days ago was toss out all the old eye makeup and get eyelid scrub. Oh believe me I will now be diligent with eye care!!  Hope your eye gets back to normal soon. Skye.

[ Edited ]

Hello, thank you for sharing your story. Very good information. I also went through a similar situation. Try not to wait too long to see a doctor if your stye does not go away soon. In my situation, I was an eye makeup wearer and was not diligent about my makeup age. I would get styes every so often. Once, I got one that just would not go away. After about a week or so, the irritation issues did go away, but the bump didn't. I gave it another week or so and the bump was still there. I called my Dr and was not able to get an appointment for over a month (and during this time I am still trying to wear eye makeup but avoid that area - yeah I know). My Dr referred me to an Optometrist. The duct gets clogged and it sometimes will harden. To wrap up, the stye can harden in to a chalasian. The chalasian had to be surgically removed. The price we can pay for beauty. Take the advice: Clean out your make up bags per the product and the recommended time frame. It may be an inconvenience now that will save you much more time and issues later. Remember: These products are going on your face and very near your eyes. HeartHeart