Respected Contributor

On July 28th selling her new perfume. You  can get sample of her perfume at Dolly site for $9.99 for a small vial. Mixed reviews on the scent on youtube.Just thought I would post this I know Dolly has a lot of fans.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton To Be On HSN

[ Edited ]

Dolly's a good entrepreneur and business woman. And who doesn't love her. I'm surprised it's taken her this long to come out with a fragrance. I heard once it's one of the most lucrative of branding products celebs can do.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama  Love Dolly Parton...so authentic and upbeat. But a pass on the perfume, won't buy a perfume without trying.  Thanks for the heads-up, could be a hoot to watch her presentation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@cuddlesmama  Love Dolly Parton...so authentic and upbeat. But a pass on the perfume, won't buy a perfume without trying.  Thanks for the heads-up, could be a hoot to watch her presentation.

Same here. I need to try a perfume; wouldn't buy one off tv or online without being able to smell it...no matter HOW they describe it six ways to Sunday! lol. "like walking down a field of fresh spring flowers with just a touch of vanilla!" or the Philosophy stories..."like a warm hug on a rainy day by the fire with a good book"...blah blah...that really helps me know what it smells like!" ...I just roll my eyes when I hear it all.

Although...I'll admit...I did buy Amazing Grace and Pure Grace...all those years ago without smelling them first...and I still love them both. Though..."Coty owned Philosophy" has, sadly, wrecked the fragrances...not the same staying power by any means.

Honored Contributor

@amyb   yes, I used to love Philosophy's Amazing Grace....now it doesn't have the staying power,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@amyb   yes, I used to love Philosophy's Amazing Grace....now it doesn't have the staying power,

That's not the only change I have noticed in Philosophy. Purity fragrance seems different.

Meanwhile, I may order the small $9.99 size to test Dolly's fragrance. If I don't like it the donation pile in my closet will grow a little.

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for the fragrance when many of us tried it when it was first announced but I DO love Dolly and (TN and WV) so I hope to remember to watch her Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I would watch that, I love her.
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Dolly is a very talented woman not only singing but writiing songs.  She deserves her wealth as she was dirt poor as a child and turn her life into something special.  Remember when Whitney Houston sang I will always Love You?  That was written by Dolly.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I will be watching .