Honored Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton Scent From Above

@Bernie wrote:
Got mine yesterday. The scent is long-lasting, but not something I like. I don’t detect and musk or patchouli. I can’t even properly describe it...smells like something my Grandmother or Great Aunt would wear. It’s not for me, unfortunately.

I have to agree with you, not for me either.  I am sure it will be lovely on someone else.  Not on me though.  It is long lasting which is something you cannot say about all scents.  It seems the only scent I have ordered on line that I love is Amazing Grace and Summer Grace.  They are not long lasting but they smell nice.  Have a nice Saturday ladies and a lovely Valentines daySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks, yep, I got your shadow mixed up with the fragrance. We sure are at the PO people's mercy these days.

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I both like it.  Not sure if I'd buy when it's released in summer. 

I bought Cher's fragrance from HSN. Like that too.

I've got so much fragrance LOL  I need to wear it more to use some up. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It arrived, don't know why it said it had to be picked up.

It isn't very strong IMO. First spray is alcohol followed by a bit of floral and cotton candy, then immediately goes to woods. I can't pick out any specific notes, even with my nose buried in my wrist. Reminds me of scents like SJP Lovely and Boyfriend.If it were strong my husband would have come in yelling, and he didn't even notice I sprayed it.

Super Contributor

Got my sample...I think it will be one of my favorites.  Not overbearing, soft.  My husband has Migraines every day and I have to be very careful what I can wear when he is around and I think this one will work.

Valued Contributor

I got my sample, and I have mixed feelings.  It's a nice scent, very soft, but doesn't seem to last on me at all - must be my personal skin chemistry.  Not sure I want to buy a whole bottle, at this point.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Trusted Contributor

Still waiting on my sample. From reading some of the reviews here, I'm getting less and less excited about receiving. You never know, everyone has a different opinion of scents. Hope I love it, I do love Dolly.

Honored Contributor

Got my sample today.  It's fine but I won't be re-ordering.  Hope it does well for her.

Valued Contributor

Reminds me of something I have, can't figure it out yet. it's nice but doesn't last on me. I seem to have a problem with scents lasting on me. I won't buy it, just too similar to so many I already have.

Honored Contributor

I wore it to bed last night.  I liked it for bedtime but have others I wear at  night so I won't be re-ordering.