Esteemed Contributor

They have launched a new makeup line called Believe Beauty. None of the products offered are over $5.00. WWD reports that the brand is so-developed by Maesa, a company that also works with favorites Kristin Ess hair, Drew Barrymore 's Flower Beauty. The massive collection includes 150 items and everything you need for a flawless face with trendy shades and complexion essentials. 

I think it would be interesting to try some of these products. The cost is not prohibitive and you could try some fun lipstick shades or other beauty items.

Valued Contributor

Re: Dollar General Makeup Line

Where are the cosmetics made?

Trusted Contributor

Are they manufactured in China or the US?

Esteemed Contributor

AAB69vA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@elatedAny background on the products -  like where they're manufactured or an ingredients listing?  Lipstick would probably be the last thing I'd buy without knowing its source -  just too likely to be directly injested.  I wouldn't be as concerned with a blush or an eyebrow product as with a shadow or a liner but really I'll wait to get info.  Let us know if you test.

Esteemed Contributor

The article didn't state where the products were manufactured.

Respected Contributor

@henderson wrote:

Are they manufactured in China or the US?

did a little googling, and visited the $ store site.  

wasn't able to find where its made. failure. sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

YouTube has a full review of the products offered. The review is done by Beauddiction. She is very honest in her review. Some viewers have tried it and our impressed. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would NEVER buy any makeup, cologne, toys, pet products, toothpaste, food -- or anything else that u put on ur face/body or for ur pets. The reason they're cheaper is because CHEAPER ingredients are used - and they're made in China, India, etc. I saw a segment on the news recently about an endless stream of COUNTERFEIT products arriving in the U.S. The crooks got so good - it's hard to tell the fakes from the real products. If u save a few dollars - you're taking a chance - and it's not worth it.

Respected Contributor

Where do Dollar Stores get the majority of their merchandise ????   Yes, China.

So does WalMart:  picked up a jar of vitamins last week and returned it to the shelf:  manufactured in China.  Not ingesting their stuff !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill