Honored Contributor

Re: Doll10 lipsticks on AM Style--question please?

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I LOVE her shades!!!

But they do not last, I wish she had a lip liner to match the shades to maybe make the lip color last longer.

I still wear the lipstick for a quick trip to the grocery store, when I want some color but do not need it to last long.

I tried using a primer, but it was too much work for little payoff when there so many other options on the market.

@Abrowneyegirl   Yep, her lipsticks do not last on me either. Many creamy formulas slide off quickly. Just a suggestion, but I use a lip pencil close to the natural color of my lips with all my lipsticks. I line and can fill in to “hold” the lipstick/gloss in place longer. It’s so much easier than trying to match each lipstick to a pencil for me.

@Shanus Can you recommend a pencil shade to match Dior's Rogue Dior Eccentric?  This is such a close match to my lips that if I just pat it on you can't even tell it's there.  Smeared on, it's a bit darker.  Usually, no matter what color I end up using, I'll pat this lipstick on first to even them out.  I don't even know where to start when it comes to lip pencils.

@Icegoddess   It really depends on the shade of your lips. Mine are quite light w/ a little pink, so I use BB Ballet Pink or NYX many nude pink shades. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus this is the color I use.  More of a mauvy brown?  

horizon_images_additionnelles_Y0027830_F002783996_E04_GHC.jpg

Honored Contributor

I love the Doll10 lip products.  Some of my favorite lip products are her Nude Wardrope that was gloss on one end and lipstick on the other.  I reach for those 2 products more than any other.

There was a set of 4 lip products on HSN Thursday night and I almost bought them but then I remembered the one and only time I sent back lipsticks from Doll10 were because I ordered them in warm weather and they arrived broken and/or melted.   

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @Icegoddess. Many years ago, I gave up trying to matching lip pencils to lip colors. With a nude shade pencil that matches your lips, you can “over draw” (slightly) or correct areas where lips are not even. I then fill in to hold the lipstick or gloss in place. Love your lip color shade, but a little dark for me. I stay in the true lighter pink range.