Honored Contributor

Anybody tried this?  I just ordered it.  In the past, I have ordered the HydraGel foundation, but never got a really good reading on how well I liked it because I got the Medium shade and should've gotten the Light.  All the reviewers kept saying it ran light, so I thought I might need the darker shade.  I put some on and went shopping and every time I caught my reflection in the store mirrors I was horrified at how off the coloring was.  Maybe it was because you could see my neck and chest which are lighter than my face (especially the chest).  I have tried the very light foundations in the past thinking I should match the face to the chest (like one of the makeup artists that sells now on the Q says) and I looked like a ghost.  I don't know how people do it because I see these folks like Meghan Kelly and Kelly Ripa that appear to wear very light foundation, and it doesn't look ghostly on them.  Oh, the trials of finding the right color in cosmetics.  Foundations and lipsticks are the worst for me.

Anyways, I'm looking for a slightly dewey finish, not matte, ad something that doesn't settle into or accentuate fine lines/pores.  I don't necessarily need a lot of coverage.  I have a few broken capillaries, but that's about it, so I usually wear BB/CC creams for daily wear (if I wear anything at all).  It's billed as a full coverage foundation, but watching the red-headed model apply it, it looked like you can adjust the coverage.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Doll 10 HydraLux Foundation

@Icegoddess Good luck, hope this foundation works for you. I have the same problem. Even when I get color matched I feel the foundation makes me look ghostly. I’m never satisfied. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

" I am 68, on the dry side of skin, fine lines and wrinkles, age spots. I find this foundation to give good coverage. Used a concealer on my age spots first. I used the medium and it was a good match. It is neither pink or yellow in undertones. A nice medium color. I put one pump on the back of my hand and used the brush to apply. Easy to blend. It gave me a nice matte finished and I didn't find it drying at all. It kept getting better and better with time. No finishing powder necessary. I am usually a powder foundation girl but I really liked this foundation. I will be ordering this again. "
Honored Contributor

Really, the only reason I use a finishing powder is most foundations end up a little sticky? which causes my eye makeup to migrate.  I don't have that problem with the CC/BB creams.  I read a review that said you really shouldn't use primer with this foundation as it has skin care features that a primer would block.  I'm not sure how I feel about the brush.  I generally don't like the feel of applying foundation with a brush, and I also feel like it wastes more foundation than a beauty blender does.  However, if it is as pigmented as it appeared when she applied it to her hand, it might actually be a benefit to get lighter coverage.  I'm almost 60, but look a good bit younger.  I don't have many wrinkles, just some deep forehead ones.  I'm a sagger, beginning to get some jowels.  The other place that bothers me is right in the corner of the eyes that concealer tends to settle in the little wrinkles made when you squint.  I have found the Neutrogena concealer (the one that has the moisturizing core) doesn't seem to settle into those lines.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Anybody tried this?  I just ordered it.  In the past, I have ordered the HydraGel foundation, but never got a really good reading on how well I liked it because I got the Medium shade and should've gotten the Light.  All the reviewers kept saying it ran light, so I thought I might need the darker shade.  I put some on and went shopping and every time I caught my reflection in the store mirrors I was horrified at how off the coloring was.  Maybe it was because you could see my neck and chest which are lighter than my face (especially the chest).  I have tried the very light foundations in the past thinking I should match the face to the chest (like one of the makeup artists that sells now on the Q says) and I looked like a ghost.  I don't know how people do it because I see these folks like Meghan Kelly and Kelly Ripa that appear to wear very light foundation, and it doesn't look ghostly on them.  Oh, the trials of finding the right color in cosmetics.  Foundations and lipsticks are the worst for me.

Anyways, I'm looking for a slightly dewey finish, not matte, ad something that doesn't settle into or accentuate fine lines/pores.  I don't necessarily need a lot of coverage.  I have a few broken capillaries, but that's about it, so I usually wear BB/CC creams for daily wear (if I wear anything at all).  It's billed as a full coverage foundation, but watching the red-headed model apply it, it looked like you can adjust the coverage.  

@Icegoddess  If you really don’t need a lot of coverage except in a few areas and like a dewey finish, have you tried a Tinted Moisturizer? You can use concealer to touch up capillaries if necessary. I find w/ my fair complexion, I look less ghostly if not using full coverage foundation....a full “mask” of Fair is difficult to pull off.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, I kinda feel like the BB/CC Cream combo I use during the week is about the same as a tinted moisturizer.  I just feel like for church and special occasions I need a more finished look, which may or may not be true.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess  If you really don’t need a lot of coverage except in a few areas and like a dewey finish, have you tried a Tinted Moisturizer? You can use concealer to touch up capillaries if necessary. I find w/ my fair complexion, I look less ghostly if not using full coverage foundation....a full “mask” of Fair is difficult to pull off.

@Icegoddess. Just happened to have recorded Kelly & Ryan Show today, so took a look to see what you meant about light foundation not looking ghostly on Ripa or Megan Kelly.  First, they’re both blondes...no high contrast hair color against their face to make them look more fair...BTW, the main reason I let my dark brown hair go to its natural white shade......Second, Kelly Ripa also has well defined eyes, dark liner, false lashes, etc.

She’s also contoured with a light bronzer and wearing blush/lipstick in complimentary tones. There’s no dewey finish...perfectly matte, most likely powdered down to prevent glare in the lighting. Her brows are also penciled in lightly so there’s no high contrast there either. 

Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus, I kinda feel like the BB/CC Cream combo I use during the week is about the same as a tinted moisturizer.  I just feel like for church and special occasions I need a more finished look, which may or may not be true.

@Icegoddess. It’s however you feel most comfortable. I wear IT CC foundation sometimes and sheer it our with a damp brush. I just never liked the feel of a heavy, full coverage product.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess. It’s however you feel most comfortable. I wear IT CC foundation sometimes and sheer it our with a damp brush. I just never liked the feel of a heavy, full coverage product.

Thanks.  The HydraLuxe does not appear to be a heavy foundation.  If it turns out to be, I won't wear it. I generally buff out my foundation with a brush after it's all blended in.  I like to forget I have it on.  The only problem is, since I've stopped wearing eye makeup on a daily basis, my eyes don't appreciate it when I do.  

Yeah, I guess the blonde hair may have something to do with it.  I just can't wear foundation as light as my neck, and especially my chest, but what I can't bear is foundation that is obvious against my hairline.  

Respected Contributor

The HydraLux Foundation foundation can be light coverage or it can be full coverage depending on how much you use. It dries to a nice finish, not real dewy or matte. Just a nice smooth finished look. After it is applied give it several minutes to dry, I use Bye Bye Pores Powder in the compact to set it. (By iT Cosmetics) It wears very well for at least 8 hours.