Reply
Contributor
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎01-23-2014
On 1/24/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/24/2014 Feline Fine said:

Some pets are emotional/psychological assistance animals, some are so well-behaved that they're much welcomed and delight most everyone there, and some can't temporarily be left at home... and the car is too dangerous for many reasons.

Would you feel the same way about your fellow clients'; kids?

I know that I personally would be ridiculously-overjoyed, LOL, to have the unexpected pleasure of animal essence in my day. 8)

We could have a spirited discussion (and have many, many times) about what is considered an inappropriate place to bring children. The opinions would run the gamut, from those who don't mind children in most places all the way to those whose distaste of children cannot be disguised.

But what does that have to do, in general, with animals? Animals are NOT humans. Children are humans. I have had both, and guess what? They're not the same. It's not an apple/apple comparison.of course.)

In the theory of evolution, man evolved from apes, an animal, so that makes us humans?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,074
Registered: ‎03-28-2010

I really think people can be so close minded. I know Europe and California are more advanced in the freedom associated with pets accompanying their owners. It makes common sense that there will be irresponsible pet owners as well as adults and children with cleanliness issues, rudeness and communicable diseases…..do we ban them as well, of course not. The benefits far outweigh the negatives. I think they should be allowed everywhere we can go and should have the same legal rights that we have….that is, not considered just a piece of property, love and peace!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,156
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 1/23/2014 just bee said:
On 1/23/2014 hulagirl said:
On 1/23/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I adore my dog and think he's the best dog that ever lived, but there's appropriateness in all things. It would be selfish and inconsiderate of me, and I would be of place, to bring him anywhere I wanted to go and assume others would feel the same way about him that I do. For one thing, there are health laws. What if a client has an allergy? What if he has an accident? What about liability? If the dog bites someone, that salon (business) owner could be in some hot water for allowing the animal on the premises.


Thank you for posting this.......an actual sane pet owner. I think pets are fine if that's what you want, but assuming everyone else has the same feelings for your little baby, and that you can take it everywhere is just plain wrong.

This could open the discussion of children in salons or other public places. Wink

Yep. I hate having to deal with poorly behaved children in public places -- which is most kids these days. They're fine if they are well behaved. I love dogs and cats. Smiley Happy

Contributor
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎01-23-2014
On 1/24/2014 ElvisShops said:
On 1/23/2014 just bee said:
On 1/23/2014 hulagirl said:
On 1/23/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I adore my dog and think he's the best dog that ever lived, but there's appropriateness in all things. It would be selfish and inconsiderate of me, and I would be of place, to bring him anywhere I wanted to go and assume others would feel the same way about him that I do. For one thing, there are health laws. What if a client has an allergy? What if he has an accident? What about liability? If the dog bites someone, that salon (business) owner could be in some hot water for allowing the animal on the premises.


Thank you for posting this.......an actual sane pet owner. I think pets are fine if that's what you want, but assuming everyone else has the same feelings for your little baby, and that you can take it everywhere is just plain wrong.

This could open the discussion of children in salons or other public places. Wink

Yep. I hate having to deal with poorly behaved children in public places -- which is most kids these days. They're fine if they are well behaved. I love dogs and cats. Smiley Happy

I am a pet owner and am considerate of others when my dog accompanies me. It is very civilized. I, see, that in general, most owners are, considerate of others,And the majority are sane. Dogs are not running crazy in the stores, attacking/biting people, in people's faces, triggering their allergies,tearing up things, licking/eating everything it sees. That's rather extreme. I can understand if someone is allergic and they are within close proximity to an animal, like in a salon, but I'm sure a situation like that can be dealt with properly,if the client has expressed her concern. Nobody wants to get sue and ppl tend to be responsible pet owners.

Contributor
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
On 1/23/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I have never been in a salon where someone brought their dog! I'd call the health dept. and report the salon, they shouldn't be allowing this. I love my dog but I would NEVER take him to a salon. I don't even want to be around children when I go get my hair done!

People are ridiculous with their pets and children now. I have even seen people bring infants to movie theatres! If you are a parent of an infant or toddler and can't get a sitter, stay home and don't annoy other theatre guests, do not bring your little one to a movie theatre, especially if the feature is rated PG13 or R! People don't have manners today and are so rude and inconsiderate.

Agree!

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

Bring on the Dogs!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,242
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
On 1/24/2014 Qvclina said:
On 1/24/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/24/2014 Feline Fine said:

Some pets are emotional/psychological assistance animals, some are so well-behaved that they're much welcomed and delight most everyone there, and some can't temporarily be left at home... and the car is too dangerous for many reasons.

Would you feel the same way about your fellow clients'; kids?

I know that I personally would be ridiculously-overjoyed, LOL, to have the unexpected pleasure of animal essence in my day. 8)

We could have a spirited discussion (and have many, many times) about what is considered an inappropriate place to bring children. The opinions would run the gamut, from those who don't mind children in most places all the way to those whose distaste of children cannot be disguised.

But what does that have to do, in general, with animals? Animals are NOT humans. Children are humans. I have had both, and guess what? They're not the same. It's not an apple/apple comparison.of course.)

In the theory of evolution, man evolved from apes, an animal, so that makes us humans?

We have EVOLVED? Don't poop or pee wherever we are. Take baths. Are polite and control bodily smells and functions. At least that goes for most of us. We are socialized and civilized. See the difference?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,242
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
On 1/25/2014 Oceanview said:
On 1/23/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I have never been in a salon where someone brought their dog! I'd call the health dept. and report the salon, they shouldn't be allowing this. I love my dog but I would NEVER take him to a salon. I don't even want to be around children when I go get my hair done!

People are ridiculous with their pets and children now. I have even seen people bring <em>infants</em> to movie theatres! If you are a parent of an infant or toddler and can't get a sitter, stay home and don't annoy other theatre guests, do not bring your little one to a movie theatre, especially if the feature is rated PG13 or R! People don't have manners today and are so rude and inconsiderate.

Agree!

Super agree! It is lack of respect for others.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,210
Registered: ‎03-23-2010

I stopped going to a hairstylist for this reason. I had just moved to this area and noticed the salon on my way to the grocery. I'm allergic to dogs and I didn't realize that the owner of the salon brought her dogs to work. When my hair color was processing, my stylist would take one of the BIG dogs out for a walk. They'd return and the dog would plop down panting and drooling. He'd jump on her and then me. Everyone would talk to the dog like it was a big baby asking if he had fun on his walk while I sat there sneezing with watery eyes. I told them I was allergic, but it was clear that the dog was more important. The stylist actually did a good job at a reasonable price, but I was miserable.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,156
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 1/25/2014 Oceanview said:
On 1/23/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I have never been in a salon where someone brought their dog! I'd call the health dept. and report the salon, they shouldn't be allowing this. I love my dog but I would NEVER take him to a salon. I don't even want to be around children when I go get my hair done!

People are ridiculous with their pets and children now. I have even seen people bring <em>infants</em> to movie theatres! If you are a parent of an infant or toddler and can't get a sitter, stay home and don't annoy other theatre guests, do not bring your little one to a movie theatre, especially if the feature is rated PG13 or R! People don't have manners today and are so rude and inconsiderate.

Agree!

If you don't like the dog in the salon, I'm sure you are free to leave. If I were a stylist or salon owner and someone got her panties in a wad over a well-behaved pet, I would direct her to the door.

ETA: Ditto with children. Well-behaved ones are welcomed. Those that scream, cry, run around, get into everything, that's a different story.

I would be more likely to visit a salon that had pets.

BTW, I'm not saying that the OP had her panties in a wad. I'm speaking of those who would get all bent out of shape by a pet's presence.