Frequent Contributor
And btw, I would never feel right choosing one life over another but my dog versus someone else's child? When I adopted my dog I made the commitment to protect her as part of my family. That's my responsibility first. I see no choice in the matter. And truthfully don't understand anyone who wouldn't consider thier pet that way and protect them before someone else's family. Shake my head at those that dont...
Super Contributor
On 1/28/2014 Bonnieshores said: And btw, I would never feel right choosing one life over another but my dog versus someone else's child? When I adopted my dog I made the commitment to protect her as part of my family. That's my responsibility first. I see no choice in the matter. And truthfully don't understand anyone who wouldn't consider thier pet that way and protect them before someone else's family. Shake my head at those that dont...

So you mean if there was a fire and my kid was over at your house, you'd save your dog over my kid??? I hope if you have visitors you tell them the Pooch comes first in light of an emergency. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Frequent Contributor
Some of us would argue you need our enlightenment more than we need your pity.
Super Contributor
On 1/28/2014 Bonnieshores said: Some of us would argue you need our enlightenment more than we need your pity.

You call your outrageous posts about saving an animal over a human being enlightening? I call it pitiful and you need not agree.

Frequent Contributor
Oh for God's sake. Get off my back on the lifesaving issue. Enough!!!!!
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/23/2014 just bee said:

If there was a salon locally that allowed dogs, I'd make an appointment. (Personally, I wouldn't want my own dog to be subjected to the smell of a permanent, but if there were others' dogs there to look at and meet, I'd go solo to dog watch.)

I saw a Medical Alert dog in the grocery store yesterday and it didn't bother me. It wouldn't have bothered me even if it hadn't been a "working" dog. I just like dogs.

just bee, I agree with you and also with your signature..they ARE angels here on earth!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
You say you pity me and don't expect a response?
Honored Contributor
On 1/28/2014 Bonnieshores said: And btw, I would never feel right choosing one life over another but my dog versus someone else's child? When I adopted my dog I made the commitment to protect her as part of my family. That's my responsibility first. I see no choice in the matter. And truthfully don't understand anyone who wouldn't consider thier pet that way and protect them before someone else's family. Shake my head at those that dont...

I simply cannot believe this. It is so outrageously extreme that it sickens me. If this were a reality and it was my child or another of my loved ones who drew the short stick and who could have been saved, I would hope that I would not act on the thoughts that I would have. I don't think I would because it's not my nature, but they would stay with me forever.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I spend more time with my dog than with any one human. I absolutely, whole-heartedly agree with you!

Frequent Contributor
Suzyq, I was trying to be polite in my first several posts on this thread but I have been called pitiful, pathetic, immoral and now I am sickening and my views and choices could perhaps cause me bodily harm should this situation arise. Enough. I find your thinly veiled views on human superiority equally sickening. I have been pushed to be as impolite and I will not continue reading or responding. As you quote Twain, read his thoughts on dogs versus humans. You may not want to associate his name with your posts. Take care.