Regular Contributor

Does your skin burn a bit after you put on Dr. Perricone's rose scented moisturizer?

Mine does everytime and I just take the pain as my face does not turn red or break out but I have two new jars and its too late to send back. So I am going to use it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does your skin burn a bit after you put on Dr. Perricone's rose scented moisturizer?

Yes, which is why I stopped using it. It didn't before so I don't know what has changed. I now use it on my arms and legs and the difference on that skin is...wow. No burning either. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Does your skin burn a bit after you put on Dr. Perricone's rose scented moisturizer?

I'm assuming you are referring to the face finishing moisturizer? I use almost everything in his line, and that is the only product that does burn a bit when I first apply it. It doesn't last that long, but it consistently does it every time I use it. I really like the way it makes my skin look though, so I will continue to use it.

Trusted Contributor

No, never had the problem. Just a feeling of tightness at times.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

No, mine does not. I use that particular moisturizer every day with no burning! My skin may have become immune though, I have been using Perricone products for over 6 years.........

Trusted Contributor

Not this product (LOVE!), but I do however experience burning from Josie's argan milk.  I love her body butter though, as well as her oil so I couldn't pass up the TSV from the other day.  I figured I would revisit the milk and see if I get the same reaction. 

Couldn't resist trying her Anniversary blend - any other takers?

Respected Contributor

I had a product that burned my face and continued using it thinking the burning would lessened.  Within a few days I looked like I had sun poisoning.

If this product burns you, do not keep using it.

Honored Contributor

@ILoveFragrance,   That should not  happen with any product.  I had a reaction like that from a facial wash by PTR.  I had to return the kit.  My face was all red.  I am staying away from all these products  with retinol, etc.  My skin is somewhat sensitive and cannot use.  Products by Origins are okay, or anything with natural ingredients but not chemicals.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Not this product (LOVE!), but I do however experience burning from Josie's argan milk.  I love her body butter though, as well as her oil so I couldn't pass up the TSV from the other day.  I figured I would revisit the milk and see if I get the same reaction. 

Couldn't resist trying her Anniversary blend - any other takers?

It's funny you mention that because the Argan Milk always burns my face as well.

I can soak my face in her regular oil and not feel a thing, but a few drops of the milk and it burns right away. Isn't the milk supposed to be just the pure oil micro-encapsulated into water???

Honored Contributor

Looking at the ingredients for the Face Finishing Moisturizer, looks like that product is unusually acidic. Citric Acid is quite high in the ingredient list. Could be due to the way they are representing the acidic form of DMAE. Strong acidity burns, in a bad way,  just like lemon juice.

That stuff is also very heavily fragranced, probably to mask an unpleasant smelling active. I'd recommend being careful if you're experiencing burning. A burning sensation only makes sense if you are deliberately using something with a drying type alcohol in it or are doing a peel.

You can easily find DMAE facial products in health food stores. So this particular product would be easy to replace IMO.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr