Honored Contributor

Re: Does wearing a mineral sunscreen mean

@Porcelain wrote:

Seriously check out the ColorScience website. They have all sorts of makeup products with sunscreen in them. Even an eye cream with SPF 35. Foundations, primers, concealers... And of course they also have regular sunscreen as well.

@Porcelain 

I really like that CS Even Up Perfecter! But for $125 I just can't afford it. Bought it once and I was done because of the cost.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

I actually have some colorescience but I haven't opened it yet. It does make good sense to me since you brush it on and you're not completely eradicating what's underneath it. 

I'm confident the one I'm using is a good sunscreen as well but the idea that anything under it can last through all the rubbing in doesn't seem possible!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo   Moisturizer first, Primer second, Sunscreen third.  Let each layer dry before applying the other ones.  If you can get a foundation with SPF, you won't need the sunscreen.  I wear tinted moisturizers and they always have SPF.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Porcelain 

I actually have some colorescience but I haven't opened it yet. It does make good sense to me since you brush it on and you're not completely eradicating what's underneath it. 

I'm confident the one I'm using is a good sunscreen as well but the idea that anything under it can last through all the rubbing in doesn't seem possible!

I think you're right. Really rubbing in any product will also mess up anything underneath. 

You shouldn't need to rub sunscreen that much. After a certain point, you'd be getting too thin of a layer. If it won't stop looking white unless you rub it all to heck, you might need a tinted version instead.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Where did you hear that you can’t wear primer or foundation on top of sunscreen?

I’m just curious.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I found this on google search:

"Which goes on first moisturizer or sunscreen?"

"A sunscreen with a physical block like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide can be applied last, after a serum or moisturizer. ... Bottom line: Apply chemical sunscreens or serums that need to be absorbed first, barriers like moisturizers, makeup, and physical block sunscreens last."

So it appears there are differences depending on the type of sunscreen used.
Regular Contributor

Per the dermatologist: Sunscreen IS your moisturizer. Let it dry then proceed with whatever else you use such as primer and foundation. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Andreatoo 

Where did you hear that you can’t wear primer or foundation on top of sunscreen?

I’m just curious.

@LTT1 

I haven't heard that I was just wondering if it would work

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Porcelain 

I think you're right. Really rubbing in any product will also mess up anything underneath. 

You shouldn't need to rub sunscreen that much. After a certain point, you'd be getting too thin of a layer. If it won't stop looking white unless you rub it all to heck, you might need a tinted version instead.

@Porcelain 

Will the mineral sunscreen dry clear if I give it a few minutes?

Respected Contributor

I usually use serum, moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, foundation.  Sometimes I use a moisturizer with SPF and skip the additional sunscreen.  Sometimes I use a tinted sunscreen, skip the primer and just a light touch of powder foundation over that -- right now I'm liking SkinCeuticals