Respected Contributor

Re: Does this cleanser even exist?

I have the same exact problem.  I have tried everything, well not everything, but a lot.  I was also surprised that oil cleansing didnt work for me too. It made me drier.  Right now, I am using trader joes nourishing cleanser. It is mild, a bit too mild, but it isnt nourishing and not hydrating.

I have read good things about the Boots cleansing balm and may try that one and just keep the traders joes cleanser for the warmer weather. It is still kinda cold out there.  The worse is, I cant stand the flakes I am getting as the day goes on. I am using another moisturizer at work when I need it.  Good thing I kept one I didnt like in my desk for emergencies. 

I am not sure if Boots is cruelty free. I know at one time they were but not sure if they are now. I will have to look into it.

Anyway, thanks for the thread. I am open to suggestions as well.  Dry skin isnt fun.

Valued Contributor

Good morning Hyacinth003

I can really relate to your problem .I am 53 with combination sensitive acne prone skin .Over the years it has been difficult to find a good cleanser . Many especially those which are for combo or oily skin were especially drying , and oils can be drying . They did dry me out  if I used an oil that states it has many vitamins in it I was sensitive to it like a retinol reaction . Also if an oil is a little thick and doesnt sink into the skin then it just sat on my skin and really did nothing . I have been really happy with Devita Cleansers . I have been using them for about 8 months now . In the morning I use the Aloe Vera Moisture Cleanser and at night I use the Chamomile Cleansing cream (it removes all my makeup and I use it on my eyes with no stinging or irritaion ) They come in pump dispensers They are parapen free , non GMO , safe for gluten sensitive , vegan and cruelty free.  They have a website , but they are at Whole Foods , And places like VItaCost  and health food stores . They sell a sample kit as well for under $20 . Good luck 

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003. Oil cleansers left my skin dry as well until I tried the one by BB. It's called a Soothing Oil Cleanser and also removes eyemakeup (waterproof, too). Try a sample from the dept. store if possible. Most will provide a tiny bottle for 1 or 2 cleansings. My skin actually feels moisturized afterwards.

Another idea, go back to the old standby I used in college, cold cream.

Respected Contributor

Some of the cleansers that I tried that left my face feeling moist are:

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Cleansing Gel

Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Cleanser

I got the Peter Thomas Roth cleanser in a QVC beauty favorite box (It's under $20, it's a good way to see if the product works for you or not).

And I got the Tarte cleansing gel from Sephora in a kit with other Tarte products. It's in a travel set.  

These kits allow you to try different products before you commit to buying full size products.  And I like both of those cleansers.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Clear and Free Liquid Cleanser -- A soap and oil free cleanser that has been formulated to avoid common chemical irritants found in ordinary liquid cleansers. Free of dyes, fragrances, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens, formaldehyde, betaine, sulfates and gluten.  It's relatively inexpensive compared to Purity Made Simple.  I also like Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Cleanser.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried a glycerine soap?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My derm has me use Vanicream bars.  I use RetinA so my skin can be dry, this does not dry my skin.

It's $2.45 at Costco.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Have you tried CeraVe?  Walmart carries it and it might be what you are looking for.  (It's not expensive and very moisturizing without being greasy)  It might be worth a try if you no longer can use Purity.

Agree; CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser especially.

Contributor

I too used Purity Made Simple and still do occasionally. Now I love M. Asam's Aqua Intense Hyaluron Facial Cleanser. It takes make up off as well as PMS and doesn't dry my skin. The price is very reasonable too. 

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003...I have dry skin and I use WEN 613 Body Cleansing Cream. It thoroughly removes my make-up and leaves my skin clean, soft & hydrated. Before it came out, I used the WEN 613 Cleansing Conditioner as my facial cleanser, but the new body cleansing cream has hyalurinic acid, which is a superior hydrating skin care ingredient.

I use Paula's Choice skin cadre and I tried the Resist (Normal to Dry) cleanser, but it burned my eyes and left traces of make-up behind.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.