Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does this board have new topics less frequently?

On 2/27/2015 golfcartrider said:

Oh But Susie some do become vicious. The most innocent of threads get turned around by a few that can't stand opposing opinions or thoughts. Even a couple of threads about good deeds and paying it forward got nasty.

Exactly.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Sometimes I second guess myself about starting a new thread. I tend to over think what I'm considering posting about, and trying to word things in a specific way that won't get turned around and into something it isn't. So, I occasionally will start a new thread and end up just deleting it. It just doesn't seem worth the potential aggravation sometimes. sigh...

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Nancy Drew said:
On 2/26/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/26/2015 Nancy Drew said:

That is one reason it is so dull around here. The topics are boring and if you start one you take a risk on getting slammed.

It's the Beauty forum. If that's boring to you, maybe this isn't the right forum for you. I see nothing particularly controversial or slam-worthy here, other than maybe the occasional O/T threads about hosts or something.

That hasn't been MY experience.

Well, it's an oasis compared to the h*llhole called Viewpoints. Message boards always have the potential to become contentious, but honestly, I think that the vast majority of threads in Beauty remain about beauty.

The exceptions are usually threads that are about something else, especially those that bash hosts/vendors or that complain about board stuff.

Anyway, I still don't even understand what the opening post means. I know of no "approval process" for posting.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It does seem to me that this board is not as active as it used to be. I sorta lost interest several months ago because of that and recently returned, but it does seem slower than it used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

After the webbies started deleted all the Lisa is gone posts

there is nothing really going on at the Q

Honored Contributor

I think all the boards have been more dull... maybe reflecting the Q itself. Maybe not, but know I don't find much here that excites me anymore.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

This board used to a lot of fun and very active. It was not unusual at all to find two or three fresh pages of posts a day. That was a long time ago. Now I can check in twice a week and see the very same posts in just about the same order that they had appeared 3 days previous to that. I used to read it everyday, but then it became rather dull. I stopped reading for a little while and now check in once or twice a week, generally when I stop in to check out the lunch-time specials.

Except now...it's 1:34 a.m.! Hardly lunch time!!

I wonder if QVC's downsizing of its Beauty Department and/or steady loss of beauty vendors might have something to do with this board being so inactive.

Honored Contributor

I think I remember a bunch of the regulars going over to a Facebook group.

Super Contributor

On 2/26/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/26/2015 Nancy Drew said:

That is one reason it is so dull around here. The topics are boring and if you start one you take a risk on getting slammed.

It's the Beauty forum. If that's boring to you, maybe this isn't the right forum for you. I see nothing particularly controversial or slam-worthy here, other than maybe the occasional O/T threads about hosts or something.

Love your answer.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if it's because of an approval process. I think it is more we all found our HGs and so nobody is asking for suggestions. And we've talked about beauty philosophy until the cows come home!

There sure are a lot of guests on these days, though.