Super Contributor

Re: Does this board have new topics less frequently?

On 2/28/2015 Quinny said:

This board used to a lot of fun and very active. It was not unusual at all to find two or three fresh pages of posts a day. That was a long time ago. Now I can check in twice a week and see the very same posts in just about the same order that they had appeared 3 days previous to that. I used to read it everyday, but then it became rather dull. I stopped reading for a little while and now check in once or twice a week, generally when I stop in to check out the lunch-time specials.

ITA. This board has been slow and boring for several years now since Facebook took over, which I don't do. I don't come here or post as much as I used to. It's always the same topics.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/28/2015 lovesbe said:
On 2/26/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/26/2015 Nancy Drew said:

That is one reason it is so dull around here. The topics are boring and if you start one you take a risk on getting slammed.

It's the Beauty forum. If that's boring to you, maybe this isn't the right forum for you. I see nothing particularly controversial or slam-worthy here, other than maybe the occasional O/T threads about hosts or something.

Love your answer.

It would be a good answer if it was accurate. The Beauty forum is not the sweetness and fairy dust she is trying to sell here. It has it's share of snark just like the others.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe Susiequeue is thinking about the "approval process" for writing reviews on the products....?

I'm with Nancy Drew on this -- this beauty forum is not 'sweetness and fairy dust.' Lots of innocent posts turn vicious.

This board is much slower than it used to be - thank goodness! It's rare I have time to read past the first page and I could never keep up. Currently, I can be gone for several days and come back and some of the same threads are still on Page 1.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

The idea, as stated by some here, that if you start a thread here, you run the risk of getting slammed is specious.

Yes, if you start a controversial thread here, a baiting thread, a bashing thread, an O/T thread that is contentious in content, or a thread about threads and posting and other members, absolutely the chance of it going south is higher.

But I've started many threads here --all related to the forum itself -- and have not experienced any significant slamming whatsoever. I've definitely encountered opinions that differ from mine, but hey, that's fine with me.

As I said, this place is a piece of cake compared to VP.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Divine said:

Sometimes I second guess myself about starting a new thread. I tend to over think what I'm considering posting about, and trying to word things in a specific way that won't get turned around and into something it isn't. So, I occasionally will start a new thread and end up just deleting it. It just doesn't seem worth the potential aggravation sometimes. sigh...

I get this.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau