Respected Contributor

Does talc bother you in beauty products?

I would like to order Laura Geller , but having talc so prominent in the formula , i think i will pass.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does talc bother you in beauty products?

[ Edited ]

Yes, I prefer to leave talc out of my beauty routine. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know  some things are blown out of purportion , but J&J did lose that law suit of millions because of talc , i know it is a lot smaller amount in compact than putting it all over your body , but still questionable.

Honored Contributor

Testing methods for talc have improved greatly over the years. The safety concerns were centered around the possible contaminant, asbestos, which is found in the earth where talc was also mined in the past. Today talc is safe to use. I personally don't like it b/c it dries out my skin terribly.

https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/cosmetic-ingredients/talc

Honored Contributor

Never reacted to talc, but I have not used it as a routine part of my feminine care.

I know it's not the same, but for me personally I put some of these warnings into the same clapper trap I put the warning from CA some years back that my suitcase might be a carcinogen.  Hopefully the squirrel that ate his way around the brand new suitcase I once stored in my attic never knew what hit him.  No one else I know of ever ingested their suitcase.

Honored Contributor

i have no problems or issues with talc in beauty products.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have no problem usng talc in makeup.  I am 67 but my skin is still oily so I can tolerate this kind of thing.  

There was a thread earlier about Balance & Brighten causing excessive dryness and showing every wrinkle, but it works well on me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The possible problem with talc was only the use of it as a powder on the lower part of the body.

I prefer talc in powder makeup because of it silky texture.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It doesn’t bother me as an ingredient per se.  What bothers me is that it’s a rather inexpensive ingredient yet that’s not reflected in the cosmetics it’s used in. Sometimes I just want what I want and I’ll s*u*c*k it up and pay, but it’s annoying when companies use inexpensive ingredients and charge a high price.  

Honored Contributor

It makes my skin itch so I avoid it.