Occasional Contributor

Does every female host actually use what they say they do?

Question.Who believes that every female host actually uses every product that they claim to "Use every day.Couldn't live without it!!" I've been paying attention to this,and as far as I can tell,if it were true,Lisa,Jane Traecy,Courtney,Jill and Shawn must use upwards of 50 products a day!!! I realize that they are sales people.And their job is to try to get people to buy various products.But do they honestly think that the viewers don't notice when they say they use 6 different mascaras,4 different foundations,and 7 different serums? I just wish they would be a tad more honest.If you don't use the product,you don't have to say you don't,but don't say you do,when you don't. Just wondering if this bothers anyone else?

Respected Contributor

Re: Does every female host actually use what they say they do?

Really?????? I don't believe one word of what exits Lisa's mouth- I do think that Jill uses Bobbi Brown and that Shawn prefers Philosophy- Other than that, who knows!

Honored Contributor

I've wondered about this too. I think some of them probably do use the products they emphasize over and over. I think Jacque uses Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten and her French Vanilla highlighter, and Mally's Undereye Brightener. I've heard Jill say she doesn't use any other eyeliner except Bobbi Brown's.

I believe those two - those are the ones I can think of right now. What does everyone else think?

Esteemed Contributor

don't forget -- Carolyn owns every top and pair of pants in 6 different colors!!!!!! Even if they really do use the products --- why does that mean u should buy them??? Did u ever hear any host say ""I really don't like this product"".

Super Contributor

No, it doesn't bother me that at all. There are people here on the boards that own much more more makeup than that. That isn't a huge amount. Especially since they are provided samples by the vendor via the Buyers.

I think it is reasonable.

Super Contributor

I always remember that the hosts' job is to sell, so take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Super Contributor

On 2/17/2014 beach-mom said:

I've wondered about this too. I think some of them probably do use the products they emphasize over and over. I think Jacque uses Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten and her French Vanilla highlighter, and Mally's Undereye Brightener. I've heard Jill say she doesn't use any other eyeliner except Bobbi Brown's.

I believe those two - those are the ones I can think of right now. What does everyone else think?

I think it is none of your business and it is really sad that anyone would sit around and try to figure out who uses what. The only reason it bothers people is because you so badly want to KNOW what they use so you can use it too.

Honored Contributor

I love how they say, "THIS isn't for everybody"..........to make you think YOU are the special one for whom it is a perfect choice.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No, they couldn't possibly use all of that stuff. I am sure they have their favorites like everyone else. I think they probably get carried away when the vendor is describing the product and the next thing you know they are saying stuff like -- this is the greatest, and I can't live without, etc., etc. I let it go in one ear and out the other.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Wow, OP some posters took their nasty pills this am, lol{#emotions_dlg.lol}. I guess if you post a question or comment that some posters don't like, they just have to put on their "bully suit" and go for it.

While it doesn't bother me that some hosts seem to use competing products, I do find it funny when they say they use every vacuum they are presenting, just to name one. I have heard some of the hosts say while presenting a certain skin care line that they use it with their other skin care line.

Like some have said, they are there to sell whatever they are presenting, but I get your point. I remember Lisa Mason saying numerous times that she didn't have every product she presented. I really liked that about her. I remember a caller once who said she really couldn't afford to buy the item Lisa was showing and Lisa told her that maybe she should just wait and think about it before buying it. I'm sure QVC probably didn't like that, but she always seemed to care about the callers.

Hope you have a great day 911 Woman and don't be afraid to post here, just overlook those who would try and intimidate you.

Vicki