Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use dry shampoo???

I do but for volume.  My hair is not oily.  I don't need something to absorb the oils or even refresh my hair.  I use very sparingly and I make sure I spray further away, not right up to my scalp. 

My absolutely favorite dry shampoo is Oscar Blandi.    

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.

I don't know why, but this process seems so intriguing. Like, how could a DRY shampoo work??

Since I have curly hair, I don't brush it, so not sure if that would work for me.

But thank you for all of the product suggestions.

Super Contributor

It works because it absorbs the oils. I used Batiste (Walmart) and really liked it! Use it sparingly as first. I just massage it in with my fingertips. Try it!

Trusted Contributor

I keep an old spice jar of corn starch and rub a little into my roots on days when my roots look a little oily.  I wash my hair usually every other day, but sometimes I can get a third day with the corn starch.  I aso take the hair dryer to my roots on non-wash days to add a little volume.  And this:  

Esteemed Contributor

The Batiste product has not worked for me.  I bought a high end dry shampoo at the salon which smells great and works better.   My stylist actually used it on clean hair for volume.

Respected Contributor

dry shampoo  that is colored to match your hair like Batiste and Salon Graphix.  I sometimes use  but i do not like it for my hair feels dirty and heavy