Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anyone use black soap/body wash?

Yes, I use the one by beekman.  Use like twice a week.  I have dry skin .  It gets all the dirt out exfoliates dead skin.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I use Du Du Osun black soap and I love it. I gets my skin squeeky clean but is not drying for me. I have oily skin though. Shea Terra makes one with Shea Butter added. You can buy it at Wal Mart.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a wonderful black gycerine soap called Magno, which is made in Spain.  Cleans and moisturizes skin, has a nice lather, and a soft woodsy unisex scent.  Magno is also in a shower gel formula as well.  I have used both the soap and shower gel and liked both of them.  Available online on Amazon and at a great apothecary in Chicago called Smallflower.  They have a website (link below).  Smallflower carries many products from Europe that are not readily available in the U.S. including Nivea products made in Germany.

Edited to remove link

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@PinkDogwood wrote:

Ms IWantCoffee - I've seen this in my local cvs.  Have you used this on your hair?  How does it work for you?  Do you feel you need a conditioner for your hair afterwoards?  I'm curious.

I could easily go to this product for both shower & hair.

Hi, PinkDogwood, I have not used on my hair.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really love Philosophy too, but recently I started to make soap myself with the Soap Bases that I order online. I really like the possibility of changing the composition of natural oils that I use for different purposes. I know some people are selling that stuff in the Internet.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I remember years ago DHC had two shower gels - one was charcoal.  I loved them both.  But they were discontinued.  I wish they would bring them both back.  Very nice shower gels.