Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone use an electric eyelash curler?

Really about this big ego, it’s that good? Ready to order. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Many years ago they stopped making my favorite mascara. I could use it with my eyelash curler and they would last all day.  Now I also heat my eyelash curler with my hair blow dryer. It works wonderfully. Just make sure you don't get it to hot.

Respected Contributor

I agree about Shu Uemura - it works better than any brand and it doesn't take as long.

You might also want to try taking Biotin.  It really helped my lashes and nails.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you ladies. I had a Maybeline curler for years when I was young and long lashes. I got a Shu  Uemura, which I use now and nothing changed. I have tried the so many mascaras with no luck that even went back to my old favorite Lancome Definicils. I have kind of given up but I keep seeing this stick eye lash curler in my facebook feed and I keep looking at it. I would consider trying the Tart although I ddn't care for Lights, Camera, Lashes and returned it. I'll check it out. I take biotin every day. This is definitely a first world problem just wanted any reviews on the heated stick. 

Respected Contributor

Couple of thoughts on this:

I think waterproof mascaras, in general, make your lashes "straighten out" more than non waterproof ones- maybe they are "heavier"? I used to use only Waterproof but I have switched now- I find if I use primer/sealer under my eyes, I do not get the raccoon eyes or smearing with nonwaterproof mascaras..Obviously if I were going to swim or go to the beach, I would opt for waterproof still..

My best friend is a TV producer, and around 25 years ago she sent me my first Shu Umera eyelash curler, saying everyone in the industry was using them- Well, I have NEVER gone back- Shu Umera for me all the way!!

Never used a heated curling iron, but I sleep with a heating pad, and i generally leave my Shu Umera curling iron underneath it for  a few minutes before using it- I think it helps keep the curl in longer..

Though I am 60, I still have very long lashes, upper andlower, but they are very straight.. these tips have helped me keep them  at their best.

Respected Contributor

I can recommend Kaasage Eyelash Curler. Ten dollars on Amazon which includes five replacement pads.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Heated lash curlers work great but they go threw batteries  like crazy so its not worth it for me. After reading these posts I am going to try waterproof mascara. I never  used waterproof mascara as I thought it wasn't good for your eyelashes.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of an electric curler--do you plug it in the wall? Now I have used a HEATED lash curler that worked very well. You use a couple of batteries. I would put on a light coat of mascara then use it to curl my lash up then re apply more mascara. Don't use much any more, as my lashes are so short and sparse due to chemo a few years ago--they didn't quite grow back as before.