Trusted Contributor

Does anyone use an electric eyelash curler?

As I have gotten older my lashes are sparse, and short. I use an eyelash curler but it  doesn't do much. They don't curl no matter what mascara I use. Does anyone have or used an electric eyelash curler? It will probably be something I throw in the drawer with the other cr@p I buy. I have used products to make my lashes grow and they work but I don't want to keep that up. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use an electric eyelash curler?

I’ve never tried an electric curler but I have the same lash situation that you have. I use Roller Lash. This mascara causes your lashes to curl themselves. It looks great. I always buy the mini because the larger size mascara becomes contaminated within three months and I never use mascara enough to justify buying a full size. Sephora, Ulta, Nordies and QVC sell it. As for your eyelash curler, my old one wasn’t working on my tiny, sparse lashes. I did my research and traded up. I’ll try to see what the brand is and post later. Previous to my current trade up I tried a different trade up by Tarte and it did not fit my eyes. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve never tried an electric curler but I have the same lash situation that you have. I use Roller Lash. This mascara causes your lashes to curl themselves. It looks great. I always buy the mini because the larger size mascara becomes contaminated within three months and I never use mascara enough to justify buying a full size. Sephora, Ulta, Nordies and QVC sell it. As for your eyelash curler, my old one wasn’t working on my tiny, sparse lashes. It was a junky curler from Revlon. I did my research and traded up. I’ll try to see what the brand is and post later. I think it’s by Sheisheido and bought at Ulta online. Previous to my current trade up I tried a different trade up by Tarte and it did not fit my eyes. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used the heated lash curlers berfore. I had a couple different kinds...a heated wand style and also a heated crimping device. It's been a while since I used them. The wand style is used after you apply mascara and the other crimping one you use on clean lashes. That was how I used them. Seemed like the wand didn't make my lashes hold a curl and the crimping one didn't do any better than a regular kind of curler.  I don't curl my lashes anymore so I have no need for those curlers any longer. 

My friend had her lashes 'permed' so they are curled all the time. She had it done at a salon.

Respected Contributor

I have never used a heated eyelash curler. However, I have stick straight lashes and have been curling them since I’m a teen. Some of them out there really don’t do the job. Many years ago I discovered Shu Uemura eyelash curler and I have never looked back. It’s the best and works so well. Just my two cents. Also, if you want to maintain the curl waterproof mascara holds it a thousand times better than non waterproof. I switched a few years ago to non waterproof on the advice of an eye doctor and have found some good ones for holding the curl. Anyway! I’m caring on.

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva ...when I was a young 16ish...my lashes would curl and hold the curl with mascara, fast forward to about 8 years ago...(I am now 64) they no longer will curl and I have used heated, and traditional curlers.  I am wondering if it is the mascara, maybe an ingredient has been removed that helped the curl stay in place...I don't know..and I have always used a waterproof mascara....I will be very interested to read replies. 

I would love for my lashes to curl again.

Super Contributor

I didn't know there is such a thing as electric!  I have the same issues as you have all mentioned.  Lashes are stick straight, very hard to hold a curl and have tried every eyelash curler out there.  From Sephora brand, Tweezerman, Maybelline, Shu Umera, and everything in between...my lashes are extremely hard to curl now that I'm older.  As one poster said, waterproof mascara is the best to hold whatever curl you have.  If I apply non waterproof mascara, my lashes go straight even after curling them.  I was so excited when IT came out with waterproof tightline mascara, I ordered it but was totally 

disappointed...if didn't work at all and I returned it.  I'm always on the search for a good eyelash curler!  Reva

Honored Contributor

You don't need an eyelash curler if you buy Tartes new mascara Big Ego.I'm 68 and have no eyelashes to speak of and one coat of Big Ego gives me long, thick looking, soft eyelashes.

Occasional Contributor

I have straight lashes and years ago read a tip i have always used- I heat up my eyelash curler with my hair dryer for a couple moments and it works quite well for me.  Best of luckSmiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

I heat up my curler with my hairdryer, as @shorewalker suggested, & it's always worked for me. It only takes me a few seconds to do the trick. I've kept the dryer on it too long, & have burnt my eyelid a time or two! lol