Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Vanicream products?

@janeec wrote:

I have used vanicream since 1982 when I was hospitalized as a derm patient at Mayo. It was formulated by Rochester Pharmaceuticals.  It is excellent.

I have used it to remove make up and moisturize.

Bathe/shower in warm water, not hot. Blot water off, do not rub. Apply vanicream lightly. Let it absorb into the skin.

It is water based and has never stained any of my clothes. If using on the rest of the body, apply in the direction the hair grows, not against it. Do not rub it ln.  It will take a few minutes to absorb.

It is fantastic.  You will like it.  For years after I moved East, I had to send to MN to get it.  I can now get it at Walgreens in my area.

You won't be sorry.  Good luck.

@janeec Do you use the moisturizing cream or the lotion?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I have products all around the house since I have two family members with problems.  Had to change out all my cleaning products too.

In dealing with this, I was shocked how many ingredients can cause it.  Eye opening.

For me, I was first affected about 30 years with a Lancôme foundation.  Had to take time off work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining 

Thank goodness I've not had any problems until now.  It was just out of the blue.

I take care of my skin, but find I really want to stop using so many products. 

The company says they do not animal test but, they are not listed as "cruelty free" so I've asked them.

Valued Contributor

I  get eczema occasionally usually on my legs. The one time I had it on my face i changed my laundry detergent to All Free and Clear and never had it on my face again. When I do use something, it's Eucerin but I never get it real bad. Hope something works for you.

Honored Contributor

I've used this Vanicream product that I purchased from Walmart and I liked it.  It was very moisturizing without being greasy.  

Super Contributor

I prefer the cream and that was the original product but if it is really warm outside, I may use the lotion.  I like all their products. 

Respected Contributor

My dermatologists from Mayo Clinic are adamant about me using nothing but Vanicream products.  I suffer from extreme rashes that come and go, sometimes lasting as long as 10 months,  sometimes, just short periods of pop up rashes...extremely tormenting...I'm not going into detail  here, but I'll say, there are times I have to be medicated, but orally and topically.   I've had several biopsies done, and we seem to understand the underlying cause.  All said, Mayo Clinic advised to stay away from anything, even goatsmilk products, and use Vanicream.   I use, and really like the bar soap, its creamy and yet thorough.   I LOVE the Vanicream lotion in the large pump jar...super hydrating,  not greasy.   I did not like the shampoo,  it made my fine hair dry and frizzy.   I have not tried the facial cleansers.  Thankfully my face has been affected with any rashes, but I use a glycolic cleanser from PTR, and No.7 exfoliating in the morning . So, YES, to Vanicream products!!

Respected Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@janeec wrote:

I have used vanicream since 1982 when I was hospitalized as a derm patient at Mayo. It was formulated by Rochester Pharmaceuticals.  It is excellent.

I have used it to remove make up and moisturize.

Bathe/shower in warm water, not hot. Blot water off, do not rub. Apply vanicream lightly. Let it absorb into the skin.

It is water based and has never stained any of my clothes. If using on the rest of the body, apply in the direction the hair grows, not against it. Do not rub it ln.  It will take a few minutes to absorb.

It is fantastic.  You will like it.  For years after I moved East, I had to send to MN to get it.  I can now get it at Walgreens in my area.

I order both Vanicream bar soap and cream in the large pump jar from Amazon,  best prices, but keep an eye because Amazon prices fluctuate. 

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I've used this Vanicream product that I purchased from Walmart and I liked it.  It was very moisturizing without being greasy.  

@San Antonio Gal I've been using this as my facial moisturizer and like it a lot! It doesn't make my oily skin any oilier and absorbs really well.

New Contributor

I tried their facial cleanser, and my cheeks broke out into a red burning rash.