Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Ulta's "The Ordinary"?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Ordinary is a company all by itself, not exclusive to Ulta or anyone else. 

I have used a few of their products and I found them to be excellent. But recently they have been sold to EL and that means I won't be buying the brand any longer.

I've used their Buffet serum (peptides, I love it), Niacinamide serum (it's good), Glycolic Peel (too strong for me).

I just looked this up. Good Grief what is all that stuff??

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium Pca, Pca, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

@Judaline LOL, if you could look up the serum, you could look up the ingredients as well, if you really want to know.  I may not know all the ingredients, but in general, it’s a bunch of peptides, moisturizers, amino acids, thickener, and preservatives.  It’s a great serum and you. Ant beat the price. 

I just wouldn't have the patience to look up all those ingred. Thank you. I value your opinion. You really think it's good, huh?

Honored Contributor

I really loved the Buffet serum. I used about 3/4 of my first bottle and then started to experience some redness and itching after applying it, some kind of sensitivity to it. I had to stop using it. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Ordinary is a company all by itself, not exclusive to Ulta or anyone else. 

I have used a few of their products and I found them to be excellent. But recently they have been sold to EL and that means I won't be buying the brand any longer.

I've used their Buffet serum (peptides, I love it), Niacinamide serum (it's good), Glycolic Peel (too strong for me).

I just looked this up. Good Grief what is all that stuff??

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium Pca, Pca, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

@Judaline LOL, if you could look up the serum, you could look up the ingredients as well, if you really want to know.  I may not know all the ingredients, but in general, it’s a bunch of peptides, moisturizers, amino acids, thickener, and preservatives.  It’s a great serum and you. Ant beat the price. 

I just wouldn't have the patience to look up all those ingred. Thank you. I value your opinion. You really think it's good, huh?

Yes, indeed. I use it AM and PM, but only the regular “Buffet”, NOT the one with that copper peptides included. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I really loved the Buffet serum. I used about 3/4 of my first bottle and then started to experience some redness and itching after applying it, some kind of sensitivity to it. I had to stop using it. 

Hmmm..........glad you told me. I'm kinda sensitive but not usually. I guess there's no chance of finding which ingredient was the culprit! Too many!

Honored Contributor

After experiencing that sensitivity from the Buffet serum, I started looking around for some other affordable peptide serum and I ran across a brand QRxLabs. Their stuff is all made in the USA, their ingredients look pretty decent, their prices are very reasonable and everything they sell ships free. You'll find their products sold on Amazon, Walmart and they also have their own website. 

I've been using QRxLabs peptide serum everyday for about 2 weeks. It comes in a 1-oz pump amber glass bottle. The product itself has a gel consistency, not runny and it won't drip, has good slip and seems to sink into my sink without leaving any sticky or tacky feel to it. Skin feels soft and smooth. The serum seems to have a slight tightening effect, not a face lift or anything like that, but a very mild tightening and I can feel it under my eyes and my neck and that's not from the product drying down but the way my skin actually feels. So far I have not had any problems with the serum so I bought two more bottles of it! ...LOL! I like it a lot. Cost is $14.95 and free shipping.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @SillieMee. I have no complaints with TO but I’ve also been looking at QRx. I’m set with my current stash but will probably order at some point. In addition to the actual products, I like the Made in the USA aspect.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome @JeanLouiseFinch 

I signed up on QRxLabs for the promo emails. They sent me a flash sale code for 20% off so I bought more peptide serum with that. Next I want to try their niacinamide serum, just waiting to use up my TO bottle right now.

I'm also looking at some Inkey List things also, particularly at their niacinamide and peptide serums. I can't find where they are made...??

Contributor

Yes.  I have used and liked several of their products. I order directly from their website. They also have/had some very good tutorials that I found helpful. Highly recommend them.

Super Contributor

So sorry I didn't answer as I never saw your post.

I Love, love, love The Ordinary products! I have replaced or use with some of my other Skinn items (as I use them up) & have had great results. The Hyaluronic Acid has cleared up all my pores & blackheads, & Niacinamide, the Buffet, & caffeine (under my eyes) has really made a huge difference. I have very sensitive skin, so their retinol is to drying for me & the cold pressed oils make my skin break out, as do all the Skinn line of oils.

I'm not sure why some have had issues with their Caffeine products, but for the first time in a long time, I don't have the puffiness or dark circles under my eyes. It works quickly & lasts a long time during the day. Hope that helps!

Valued Contributor

@wenfen 

Hi I have not used the Ordinary but I know they were recently purchased by Estee Lauder .  I know EL has had mixed reviews when they takeover companies If anyone wants to try a comparble brand I am really enjoying the UK Brand The Inkey List . They have a similar price point and simple packaging . They are also cruelty free. I currently use their Oat Balm cleanser ,caffine eye cream and mask . All around $10 a piece  They are sold at Sephora and now have a US ste to order .