Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Ulta's "The Ordinary"?

@marmarbrooklyn 

Inky List...This is what I'll try when I run out of my stash I ordered during their 40% off sale.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm 

Hi so far I have not been disappointed by anything I have purchased !

Honored Contributor

I will continue using The Ordinary Hair Peptides Serum but am transitioning to QRx Labs for a few things. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

After experiencing that sensitivity from the Buffet serum, I started looking around for some other affordable peptide serum and I ran across a brand QRxLabs. Their stuff is all made in the USA, their ingredients look pretty decent, their prices are very reasonable and everything they sell ships free. You'll find their products sold on Amazon, Walmart and they also have their own website. 

I've been using QRxLabs peptide serum everyday for about 2 weeks. It comes in a 1-oz pump amber glass bottle. The product itself has a gel consistency, not runny and it won't drip, has good slip and seems to sink into my sink without leaving any sticky or tacky feel to it. Skin feels soft and smooth. The serum seems to have a slight tightening effect, not a face lift or anything like that, but a very mild tightening and I can feel it under my eyes and my neck and that's not from the product drying down but the way my skin actually feels. So far I have not had any problems with the serum so I bought two more bottles of it! ...LOL! I like it a lot. Cost is $14.95 and free shipping.

@SilleeMee  I finally ordered the QRx peptide serum. Are you using AM and PM, or just once a day?  My plan is to layer over my Vitamin C serum in the AM, but not sure if it makes sense to use in the PM before my Tretinoin.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee  I finally ordered the QRx peptide serum. Are you using AM and PM, or just once a day?  My plan is to layer over my Vitamin C serum in the AM, but not sure if it makes sense to use in the PM before my Tretinoin.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I use the QRx peptide serum in the morning only. I apply it under my vitamin C  b/c the VC is in squalane oil which is also a QRx product.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Why would you layer a peptide serum with tretinoin? That would only prolong the effects of the tret by dilution. That's why I apply my tret all by itself. That's how it was formulated to use.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Why would you layer a peptide serum with tretinoin? That would only prolong the effects of the tret by dilution. That's why I apply my tret all by itself. That's how it was formulated to use.

@SilleeMee That's why I wanted to check for your opinion. I thought I'd put it on, wait a little bit, then apply the tretinoin.  I'm currently using the .05%.  I've used the .1% gel but it was drying so I backed off. Eventually I'll transition to the .1% and stick with it.  Maybe the serum could act as a buffer?🤷‍♀️