Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Ulta's "The Ordinary"?

@wenfen 

I ordered and used their Azelaic Acid but I got too low a dose to be effective.

Now I call Isomers Labs and ask them to formulate their "B Calm Anti Redness Serum with Azelaic Acid" for me and use this.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@rnmom 

I start out with an essence.  Toners are becoming more essence-like.  Essences are for hydration.  The one I use is like water (Tatcha and Time Revolution).  WHILE MY FACE IS STILL DAMP, I apply TO's Hyaluronic Acid.  Next is TO's Buffet.  This one helps with tone.  Then Niacinamide.  This also helps with tone.  The HA, Buffet and Niacinamide are all a serum but not oily.  Next is Granactive.  It's a dry oil(ish) product.  Absorbs quickly.  Then moisturizer and Rose Hip Seed Oil.  When I'm out of the RHSO, I'm going to change to Marula Oil.

I keep wanting to try some other TO  products that are raved about but what  I'm using is working so I guess I won't rock the boat.

@monicakm - Thank you so much for such a detailed response! I missed it earlier and just now went and found it. Next time I need to order something from Ulta I will definitely look at these.

Valued Contributor

I am so disappointed this company sold out to Estée Lauder.  I will be no longer be purchasing.  

I have used (and loved) the Matrixyl, Niacinamide, Buffet, Rosehip Oil, and Lactic Acid.  These products really made a difference in the overall evenness and “glow” to my skin.  I also recently purchased the hair serum (too early to tell if that would have worked for me).  

The only real disappointment for me was the caffeine solution.  It was too drying (especially under the eyes where it is supposed to help with puffiness).

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss - Hopefully it won't be ruined like so many brands are that are bought out by these big corporations. There is another line at Sephora called Inky List that seems similar, I've thought about checking them out too. Have you tried any of their products?

Valued Contributor

@rnmom  -  I have heard about Inky List and I will have to check them out also.  (Fortunately, I have a little time since I stocked up on The Ordinary back in November when the website had a good sale).  Are there any specific products you are interested in trying?

Honored Contributor

@wenfen    I recently read about The Ordinary and they receive great review and offer clean ingredients.  Another that is praised is the Versed sold at Target that is giving quality ingredients for very reasonable prices.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

The caffeine serum didn't do anything for me either.  I haven't done it yet and I don't know who pays for return shipping but you can return the TO products for up to a year.  I'm guessing it's those products you purchase directly from them but I don't know this for sure.

Super Contributor

I posted about this maybe a month ago. In that time I've had great success with it.
Less breakouts, really clear and smooth texture, and more even complexion. I've been using some of the products infrequently on teenagers with moderate acne and it has improved more than expected which for them, means so much. My son is using Go-To Beauty Swipeys (another brand) and a couple products from The Ordinary.
A really solid brand with truly incredible pricing, amazing.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Ordinary is a company all by itself, not exclusive to Ulta or anyone else. 

I have used a few of their products and I found them to be excellent. But recently they have been sold to EL and that means I won't be buying the brand any longer.

I've used their Buffet serum (peptides, I love it), Niacinamide serum (it's good), Glycolic Peel (too strong for me).

I just looked this up. Good Grief what is all that stuff??

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium Pca, Pca, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Ordinary is a company all by itself, not exclusive to Ulta or anyone else. 

I have used a few of their products and I found them to be excellent. But recently they have been sold to EL and that means I won't be buying the brand any longer.

I've used their Buffet serum (peptides, I love it), Niacinamide serum (it's good), Glycolic Peel (too strong for me).

I just looked this up. Good Grief what is all that stuff??

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium Pca, Pca, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

@Judaline LOL, if you could look up the serum, you could look up the ingredients as well, if you really want to know.  I may not know all the ingredients, but in general, it’s a bunch of peptides, moisturizers, amino acids, thickener, and preservatives.  It’s a great serum and you can’t beat the price.