Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Ulta's "The Ordinary"?

@JeanLouiseFinchThanks everyone! While I love Skinn's Age Reset serum, their prices have gotten insane. I was looking for another lower price Niacinamide & or peptide serum products & thanks to JLF & others I think I've found what I was looking for!.

Honored Contributor

I use The Ordinary Rosehip Seed Oil.  I love it. I put it on over the top of my nighttime moisturizer.  

I have tried their concealer and didn't like it at all. Those are the only products I've tried.

Esteemed Contributor

I too, have heard the hype regarding this product line and have wanted to give it a try, so I am thankful to have stumbled across this thread. The feedback is quite interesting.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I haven't read the other replies but I'm sure by now you know it's not Ulta's brand.  And YES, I use about 5 of their products every single day...morning and night.  L.O.V.E. The Ordinary!  They are responsible for my new and highly improved face and hands...everything I put on my face also goes on the back of my hands Smiley Happy  Tone and texture...I wish I'd taken a before and after picture but I had no idea the transformation was going to be so crazy good. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Can you tell me what the Hair Peptides Serum does for your hair and what kind of issues did you have that made  you try it?  Thanks

Honored Contributor

I use Hyaluronic Acid (need to apply to damp/wet skin), Buffet,Nicinamide, Granactive Retinoid, 100% Cold Pressed Rosehip Oil.  

I tried the Glycolic Acid and AHA/BHA...they both burned a hole in my face Smiley Surprised  Or at least it felt like it.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Can you tell me what the Hair Peptides Serum does for your hair and what kind of issues did you have that made  you try it?  Thanks

Hi @monicakm

my husband and I both have experienced age related thinning.  Nothing happens overnight, and consistency is key, but each of us are seeing new hair growth since we began using the hair peptides serum. 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I haven't read the other replies but I'm sure by now you know it's not Ulta's brand.  And YES, I use about 5 of their products every single day...morning and night.  L.O.V.E. The Ordinary!  They are responsible for my new and highly improved face and hands...everything I put on my face also goes on the back of my hands Smiley Happy  Tone and texture...I wish I'd taken a before and after picture but I had no idea the transformation was going to be so crazy good. 

@monicakm - Can you tell me which products that you have used that help with your skin tone? I tried one of their products for tone but it was in an oil base and I couldn't stand it. I think it was Vit C and Alpha Arbutin. 

I've used a couple other of their serums that were water based and I like how they absorb quickly, but I couldn't handle the oil base, made my face feel greasy all night. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

You don't feel that this line works for people older than 55?

Well let me tell you...I had an occasional break out.  Nothing obtrusive but I had texture in the form of under the skin (skin colored) bumps on both of my cheeks.  My tone was uneven.  Since using The Ordinary's products, I have a face that can go sans makeup or a tinted moisturizer.  Today I wore the new Urban Decay Tinted HydroManiac Tinted Glow Hydrator.  First "glow" type makeup I've ever worn since that kind of sheen tends to accentuate a less than perfect complexion.  The Ordinary products have also plumped the #1 line I have on my forehead between my eyes, making it look less noticable.  So, it DOES work for the over 55 crowd Smiley Happy  I'll be 62 in a couple of weeks.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom 

I start out with an essence.  Toners are becoming more essence-like.  Essences are for hydration.  The one I use is like water (Tatcha and Time Revolution).  WHILE MY FACE IS STILL DAMP, I apply TO's Hyaluronic Acid.  Next is TO's Buffet.  This one helps with tone.  Then Niacinamide.  This also helps with tone.  The HA, Buffet and Niacinamide are all a serum but not oily.  Next is Granactive.  It's a dry oil(ish) product.  Absorbs quickly.  Then moisturizer and Rose Hip Seed Oil.  When I'm out of the RHSO, I'm going to change to Marula Oil.

I keep wanting to try some other TO  products that are raved about but what  I'm using is working so I guess I won't rock the boat.