Super Contributor

Does anyone use Ulta's "The Ordinary"?

I just got an email praising Ulta's "The Ordinary" line of products & have never heard of them. Does anyone use these items & if so, which ones & your feedback please.

I'm interested in all items, but would appreciate comments about their serums: Retinol, Niacinamide, Glycolic Acid & Hyaluronic Acid.TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Ulta's "The Ordinary"?

The Ordinary is a company all by itself, not exclusive to Ulta or anyone else. 

I have used a few of their products and I found them to be excellent. But recently they have been sold to EL and that means I won't be buying the brand any longer.

I've used their Buffet serum (peptides, I love it), Niacinamide serum (it's good), Glycolic Peel (too strong for me).

Respected Contributor

Well, yes I do. Like the marula oil and the lactic acid 10%+Ha. I also bought the natural moisturizer factor+ HA.. So far so good. I love how inexpensive this line is.
I guess it has already been sold to Estee Lauder. They could make changes after that.🤨
So far for me, I like everything I have bought!
Honored Contributor

I tried some of their products several years ago, i feel for a person younger than say 55, this line would be good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@wenfen  - I love The Ordinary's products.  I order them directly from their website - not Ulta.  Prices are more than reasonable.  Love their Niacinamide and their Glycolic Peel.

Honored Contributor

I also order directly from them.  The “buffet’ is great for me, and so is the Vit. C (MAP).

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a few products from The Ordinary.  Ulta does not carry the full line. You’re better off buying direct from The Ordinary/Deciem. 

What I use:

Buffet Serum 

Caffeine Serum

Niacinamide Serum

Hair Peptides Serum 

Contributor

ULTA is like all chain stiores they come out with their own brands but cheapen it to compete and it lacks in quality. I usually never buy store brands

Honored Contributor

@ToniG1 wrote:

ULTA is like all chain stiores they come out with their own brands but cheapen it to compete and it lacks in quality. I usually never buy store brands

The Ordinary is not an Ulta store brand.

Respected Contributor

I use the Niacinimide.