Honored Contributor

Does anyone use Luminess - spray on MU/

It's today's tsv on HSN. It sounds too good to be true, so I thought I'd ask here about it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Luminess - spray on MU/

I tried it. It actually works very well. Despite being easy to use, the clean up got old for me. I'm too rushed. Easier to slap on foundation or BB cream for me. One caution, it did seem to accentuate fine lines around my eyes. But I did get compliments on my makeup when I did it. I had pro makeup for my daughter's wedding that was airbrush and I thought it settled into my eye lines too much too. But everyone commented how great I looked. So there ya go. 

Honored Contributor

@151949, from reading your posts for quite some time, I would think that this might be just a big pain in the tush for you. You do prefer simpler methods, and nothing is simpler  than using a conventional foundation.

I've never been tempted myself.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Reba055 I have white hair and it really shows if I accidently get MU on it. Is it hard to keep it out of your hair?What about eyebrows? And if you get too much somewhere can you use your fingers to spread it out?

Esteemed Contributor

I can't raise an argument against how good airbrushed makeup looks on the face.  We've all read and/or saw ads for foundation where it's played up that the product has an airbrushed look. As great as it is, I find airbrushing to be messy for home use.  When done at a salon the artist can take better aim at your face, and you're under wraps same as when getting hair color.  That said, if you don't mind having to wash your walls and floors to clean up little flecks of foundation with every use, by all means go for it at home.  

Respected Contributor

@151949  I didn't have an issue with that but my eyebrows are dark. My hair is highlighted but dark roots. I really didn't find much overspray with this. Don't remember it getting on anything. But I used a light touch and went back over it if I wanted more coverage. I also don't wear alot of makeup on my forehead. You can't really spread it out. It's a very light spray if applied correctly and dries very fast. You just have to continually move your hand to get the best application. It's easy to apply really. But I'm a bit of a makeup junkie. 

Respected Contributor

Just in case you are wondering about clean up since I said there wasn't really overspray, I'm talking about cleaning the unit after use. Doesn't seem like a big deal ( and it's not too bad) but it takes time to fill and spray out all the foundation, wipe everything off, and put away all the bottles and the unit. At first it didn't bother me, but then I found myself not using it because of being rushed to get out the door. You probably don't have to clean it that thorough everyday, but I'm kinda a stickler about keeping things like that clean. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have used this in both the professional set and at home. I think it really is a great product but for me, definitely not for everyday because I don't want to deal with the clean up.

From what you have mentioned in previous posts @151949, I agree with SuzyQ3, I think it would be way too fussy for you to do on a daily basis or even when you do wear makeup. If I recall correctly, you do not wear makeup daily and only when you go out. 

There is a definite learning curve and I have worked in beauty for over 25 yrs and I am really into makeup and it took me a little bit to get it down. I do believe you would get a bit onto your hair unless you kept it covered while you are familiarizing yourself with it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

Just in case you are wondering about clean up since I said there wasn't really overspray, I'm talking about cleaning the unit after use. Doesn't seem like a big deal ( and it's not too bad) but it takes time to fill and spray out all the foundation, wipe everything off, and put away all the bottles and the unit. At first it didn't bother me, but then I found myself not using it because of being rushed to get out the door. You probably don't have to clean it that thorough everyday, but I'm kinda a stickler about keeping things like that clean. 

That is exactly how I felt @Reba055. It isn't that it takes so long but it is just a pain. I am like you, I feel I do need to clean it everyday also and I just found myself reaching for my products that didn't require all the fuss.

I do like it for special events that I know I will be photographed in. I don't need a lot of coverage at all, usually just some tinted moisturizer and BB or CC cream and then concealer if I need it and photos come out just fine in that to be honest but photos come out really amazing with this.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I purchased it due to the free foundation if the shades don't work (they offer a lighter shade via the company) and because I used to own an airbrush system until I couldn't get the refills for it; the finish was perfection.

I had heard that this system was so-so but it's revamped so I thought, why not. A few other forums mention you can run water through it and it cleans out quickly that way. Don't know... but it's worth it to me if the color works and the finish is what I'm looking for (unable to get it via traditional foundations recently).

Can't beat the price, that's for sure.