Super Contributor

Does anyone use Lubriderm fragrance free lotion?

I'm really thinking about trying it. I've been using Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion and it seems to leave a film, I use it on my face and body. I really want to try the Lubriderm fragrance free lotion but I'm curious if anyone can tell me if it leaves a film or is greasy on the skin. I want to use it on my face as well. I wish I could find a fragrance free lotion that hydrates and leaves a nice glow to the skin.
It seems like what ever lotion I use on my face I have to put argan oil on top to give that glow. I don't wear makeup much anymore so I want my skin to look hydrated and glowy.
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Lubriderm fragrance free lotion?

[ Edited ]

I remember trying it once and just remember it seemed kind of thin to me and yes a little greasy.

I think you just have to try it in the store a little bit, if you can.

I like some of the Gold Bond ones.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shiloh 81

I am highly allergic to many scents & perfumes. I started using Lubriderm fragrance-free about 4 years ago.  This is the bottle- it works great on my "dry" skin plus I swim most everyday & chlorine  makes my skin dry too.  I recently tried Beekman 1802 pure goat milk body lotion.  My opinion very thin & not moisturizing like lubriderm for my skin.  I only apply after showering & for me it lasts all day.

I believe its too "heavy" for a face moisturizer - may want to check out Cetaphil or something "lighter".

IMG_2331.JPG

Super Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply 😀 I actually have a bottle of Cetaphil I'm returning to Walmart I didn't like it, it was tacky feeling on the skin and face and made my face burn and feel very tight.

I'm debating on just buying another bottle of the Aveeno even though it leaves a slight film it does hydrate well and my face isn't irritated by it.

Would you say the Lubriderm is more watery lotion or on the thicker side. Just curious the difference in texture compared to the Aveeno? Thanks

Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81

My young granddaughter uses only Aveeno products which in my opinion are very light.

Lubriderm is heavier/thicker

Super Contributor

Thanks, that really helps 😘

Trusted Contributor

i’ve used both lubriderm and aveeno and found them to be too thick. yes it helps relieve dryness, but it also made it tough to get my skinny jeans on! i use dove lotion and i’m very pleased with it. comes in 2 varieties and both are effective.

Honored Contributor

Olay makes a couple of lightweight facial moisturizers.

One is labeled "luminous"

I don't use those particular products but I do use Olay.

@shiloh 81