Trusted Contributor

Does anyone use Aveda for their haircare?

I was in the mall (for the first time in ages) and for some reason I went into Aveda for the first time. I got a free sample and tried to today. It is pretty good, but they are expensive. It makes me wonder if salon or prestige hair care  brands are worth the price.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Aveda for their haircare?

Back in the 80's and 90's I used Aveda for my hair and used their parfumes, candles and skin care.  Yes it was expensive but I loved all of it.  I colored my hair at the time so I used good products.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Many of their products have silicones in them so I stay away from that line.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover   Recently, I purchased Pholmollient styling foam.  It gives volume without stiffness or being sticky so it was worth it.  I don't usually buy anything from my hair stylist but she used this on my hair and I was impressed.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I used to, but then my allergies kicked in with all those natural ingredients.

Never again.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover I have used Aveda haircare on and off since high school, so 2 decades or so. I, like many, have tried other things out of curiosity, etc. but I always make my way back to Aveda at some point. LOL! It’s always been a very dependable brand for me. 

Honored Contributor

I have gone to an Aveda salon for almost 10 years.  I have had wonderful results with their products  and love that they have a solution for almost every problem.

The stylists are constantly in training too.

I no longer run all over hunting the product for an issue, or buy some brand from the drug store that has different ingredients than the salon product.

Respected Contributor

Nice products but I am allergic to a lot of their ingredients too. Especially the skin care. Don't know if they still sell it.

Valued Contributor

I use their hair thickening tonic, and I love it. It is one hair product that I don’t mind spending money on, because it works.

Respected Contributor

I went to an Aveda salon for many years.  I loved the way my hair looked using their hair dye.  I was not thrilled with the shampoo and conditioner.

I stayed with the salon because I loved the way the owner cut and colored my hair. She'd been my stylist when she worked at another salon so I followed her to her own salon.