Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Aveda for their haircare?

[ Edited ]

I'm just gonna say, I hate Aveda products. 

The smells are overwhelming and they do nothing for my hair.  Even the color doesn't last in my hair.

The one and only exception is the Color Conserve shampoo. The smell is more mild but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy this. 

I went to an Aveda salon for awhile and while I loved the girl who did my hair and the fact they did extra things at this salon like hand massages while conditioner sat on your hair, sitting there for an entire color and cut was just about torture because of the smell of the products.     

Super Contributor

I use the smoothing serum and the glossing straigtening gel. I have very curly hair I blow out straight. The products work well, also in humidity. 

Respected Contributor

I go to an Aveda salon, but only because it's really close to where I live, as well as to where I work.  I don't like the scent of most of their products, but I do like their Damage Remedy line of products.  I use a flat iron every day on my hair, and the DR Restructuring Treatment is a great "deep conditioner" I use once a week.  I, also, really like the DR Daily Hair Repair, which I use prior to using my flat iron. I like the DR "regular" conditioner, too, but the DR shampoo is too thick for my liking. I have the DR Split End Repair, too, but I always forget to use it. It does seem to help with split ends. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I have used it once upon a time a long long time ago - I always like the way their stuff smells.

Respected Contributor

I have a bottle of Brilliant finishing gloss but have not used it in a long time. it has a strong scent. The first 2 ingredients are -cones and the oil is soybean oil!