Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Aveda for their haircare?

i did years ago.  they had this cherry bark conditioner that was so great.  discontinued.  i just cannot go into their salon in town as the aroma makes me gag.  smells like old people, ben gay.  lol. but I did get a sample of the the thickening spray, shampoo and conditioner and loved it so much I rered on line.  this stuff is more expensive than wen.  lol. i do love it.  it begins with an "I" 

Esteemed Contributor

I have one Aveda product that I have been using, I would guess. for over 20 years.  It is the Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade

41H4CMQQ71L._AC_UL320_.jpg

If your hair is oily, this is not for you.  I don't like to use hairspray because I don't wash my hair every day because my hair is very dry, and I don't want product build-up.  This product helps smooth my textured but straight hair, and keeps the frizziness away, and used in the correct amount, doesn't weigh the hair down or build up.  I use a little bit all over my hair for heat styling, and/or maybe for finishing after I finish styling.  I use for second day styling too.  I have tried dozens of other products when this has been hard to find and none is as good as this.  Not to be confused with Aveda's Brilliant Humectant Pomade, which is used to create texture.  This costs mid $20s.  Totally worth it.  Lasts a long time.

Valued Contributor

@Squirrel Lover:  I have used Aveda for many years.  The Aveda salons are awesome.  They are always on top of newest styles and products.  I have swayed upon occassion, but I always go back to Aveda.  I have a lot of natural curl and I use the Aveda Be Curly line.

Honored Contributor

I went to an Aveda salon for a short while. Used Aveda products but I now go to a Kevin Murphy salon and his products are soooooo much better! Yes, they are pretty expensive but the directions say to use very little each application. I have very short pixie hair and I only use a dime size of the shampoo. I use KM conditioner after each shampoo and wow my hair is so shiny and silky. Such a change from other products! I have a very noticable difference in my hair! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I love their Cherry Almond Shampoo and Conditioner, I don't use it all the time, but love it occasionally!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, I love Aveda haircare. I also use the cherry almond shampoo and conditioner along with the phomollient and thickening tonic. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN, I love Aveda haircare. I also use the cherry almond shampoo and conditioner along with the phomollient and thickening tonic. 

I know it smells so amazing as well!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I have one Aveda product that I have been using, I would guess. for over 20 years.  It is the Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade

41H4CMQQ71L._AC_UL320_.jpg

If your hair is oily, this is not for you.  I don't like to use hairspray because I don't wash my hair every day because my hair is very dry, and I don't want product build-up.  This product helps smooth my textured but straight hair, and keeps the frizziness away, and used in the correct amount, doesn't weigh the hair down or build up.  I use a little bit all over my hair for heat styling, and/or maybe for finishing after I finish styling.  I use for second day styling too.  I have tried dozens of other products when this has been hard to find and none is as good as this.  Not to be confused with Aveda's Brilliant Humectant Pomade, which is used to create texture.  This costs mid $20s.  Totally worth it.  Lasts a long time.

I use this too! Love it! I have very dry hair so a tony bit of this works wonders for my hair!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I was in the mall (for the first time in ages) and for some reason I went into Aveda for the first time. I got a free sample and tried to today. It is pretty good, but they are expensive. It makes me wonder if salon or prestige hair care  brands are worth the price.

@Squirrel Lover  I used to think there was no difference between salon and drugstore hair products. Now I use salon products...Aveda Shampure is my favorite since I just cut off all my chin length curls (used Aveda Be Curly line) and am back to my usual pixie style. Price? I find I use so much less salon product, it comes out almost even.

Esteemed Contributor

I go to an Aveda salon to color my hair and love the products.