Contributor

Does anyone still use powder puffs?

I found a ton of new powder puffs when I was going through some boxes. I put them in a cupboard and forgot about them again. One day I ran across them and tried it with my setting powder. After years of using brushes I was surprised at how much better I liked the puff for my setting powder.

Regular Contributor

Re: Does anyone still use powder puffs?

I use them with Laura Mercier's setting powder. It's a much more natural look than when I use a brush.

Esteemed Contributor

I really appreciate brushes, but all I use is a little powder, and I've been applying with a puff. I'm not sure how to describe it, but the effect is definitely better. I get precise placement (which, to me, does not mean all over) and the finish is so much nicer. Of course my powder is excellent (Victoria Principal), so that's part of it, too.

A surprising other benefit is that my product lasts so much longer!

Super Contributor

I apply loose powder with a puff. I used the press and roll method. Then I use a brush to remove the excess powder.

Valued Contributor

Absolutely. Goss, the MU Artist from Youtube prefers them to brushes to actually "set" your foundation. I tried it and indeed the way he recommends is spot on and that is how I now set my foundation from then on. Beautiful and natural result.

Respected Contributor

I have a compact in my purse that has a powder puff. I use that only in the T-zone because I get oily there. It does work much better than a brush to me for that purpose.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

I have Lancôme's Tresor loose powder with a puff....love it!

Super Contributor

On 1/11/2014 Harpa said:

I really appreciate brushes, but all I use is a little powder, and I've been applying with a puff. I'm not sure how to describe it, but the effect is definitely better. I get precise placement (which, to me, does not mean all over) and the finish is so much nicer. Of course my powder is excellent (Victoria Principal), so that's part of it, too.

A surprising other benefit is that my product lasts so much longer!

Does Victoria still sell her skin care products? I used them while she was on the Q...but then she left, and the last two sets I ordered, turned bad real fast. I haven't used her stuff since.

In response to the powder puffs...I don't use face powder as it itches me something fierce, but I love using them to apply body powder after a bath/shower.