Respected Contributor

Does anyone still use Mary Kay cosmetics?

Just wondering. I gave it a try decades ago. Haven't seen any evidence of it lately 

Harmonize the World
Regular Contributor

Re: Does anyone still use Mary Kay cosmetics?

I do, I do! 🙌 I JUST washed up for bed ... used my Mary Kay oil-free eye makeup remover! The ONLY product I use that doesn't sting my eyes. Many of my sisters use it, too! ✌️❤️

Respected Contributor

@JFD12 wrote:

I do, I do! 🙌 I JUST washed up for bed ... used my Mary Kay oil-free eye makeup remover! The ONLY product I use that doesn't sting my eyes. Many of my sisters use it, too! ✌️❤️

Have you ever been a consultant?

Harmonize the World
Regular Contributor

No, I never was, but my sister was a consultant many years ago. 😊 

Honored Contributor

I used to have a friend who sold that.  I wasn't overly iimpressed, but of course bought several things from her.  I think she gave it up when her husband got a temporary job in Alaska.  They're back now and now she's selling Plexus.  

I think some people just love selling things.  I have another friend who used to sell one of those cheapy jewelry lines and then she started selling Rodan & Fields.  Now, she selll houses.

Respected Contributor

I bought Mary Kay products years ago probably around 1998 to about 2000 or so. Funny you should mention that company, a few weeks ago while driving I saw a car in front of me that had a sticker on the window that said "Mary Kay Consultant"  I thought wow ! that company still exists ?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Icegoddess,

Read your note and had to tell you that the lady next door to us sells Mary Kay while right across the street from her the lady sells Plexus. I have not tried Plexus but many years ago did try the Mary Kay but found it too irritating and too perfumed for my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

A few weeks back I was out driving around and saw the Pink Car. It was not a Cadillac, I thought it was some kind of SUV but it was that Pepto Bismo color which is instantly recognizable and I said out loud they are still around?

Respected Contributor

Ok so I went to the website and found a consultant near me. Ordered a few thing online from her page, to be shipped. (Free!) Going to try a lipstick, the eye de puffer gel, and a creme blush. I'll post a review when I've had a chance to use the products. 
I might be interested in a skincare set later, as I'm currently using random items that I'm not married to. 

Harmonize the World
Super Contributor

Just this week  I was behind a beautiful pink Cadillac, not pepto pink,  with "Mary Kay" on th back and my local Cadillac dealers name.