Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone remember when BEAUTY inaugurated on QVC?

I still have a Michael Maron cosmetic brush that has held  up all these years.  It's still one of my favorites and has been washed repeatedly.  I really enjoyed the beauty presentations back then and watched to learn about products and tips.  There wasn't an internet to pull up whenever you wanted to learn about an ingredient or product then.   Also gave me a lot more access to different brands.  Nice memories.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Remember Joan Rivers Results skin care line, introduced in 1999. 

Regular Contributor

I always remember beauty being on. I didnt start to watch until the mid 90's but I remember Diane Young, LaMirafor, Clientele, Victoria Principal, Mohave Magic, Smashbox and the list goes on and on
Honored Contributor

How could I forget Le Mirador, first came on in 1997. I loved some of their products, the facial melting  scrub and cherry body scrub were wonderful. 

Honored Contributor

I remember Diane Young, Principal Secret, and these mood lipsticks-they were my very 1st purchase on QVC....I don't even remember who made them, they weren't great..

I also remember Clientele. I worked years ago with a young woman in her 30's and she had the most beautiful skin, and she hardly wore any makeup, and I remember her telling me she use Clientele Skincare, and years ago I ran into her and she is still using them and her skin looks as good as ever!!!

I remember Patti and Lisa R being so enthusiastic over makeup and skincare, and hosting a lot of the Beauty shows.....  

Valued Contributor

I also remember Peter Coppola.  I watched both Peter and Nick Chavez. Miss seeing Nick now for sure.  Lots of beauty products purchased back in the day.  I do miss seeing Leslie Blogett with Bare Minerals and Christina Carlino with Philosophy.

Respected Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

I remember when the beauty TSVs were massive. There were pj parties when Bare Minerals launched huge TSVs

I agree. I remember a Smashbox TSV selling out in minutes. I barely pay attention to them anymore.

Contributor

Hi Haddon9,

I think you may be remembering Mohavie Magic.  There was a gentlemen that was the vendor.  I always thought the colors were pretty, but I never ordered.

Honored Contributor

I remember Smashbox and BE being huge sellers. Also Mally at one point, she was huge when she first came to QVC.....

Holly was the perfect spokesperson/makeup artist for Smashbox.....

.I remember Cristina Carlino from Philosophy as well-you either really liked her or you didn't. She was very smart and was a no nonsense person. I always liked her. 

I often wondered if Lisa R and Leslie remained good friends after they both were gone from the Q?

New Contributor

I think it was Micheal Maron makeup with a southwest vibw.  I do remember alot of the other names mentioned .  Not buying a lot of makeup now I am retired and staying at home most ot the time.  I did order LG 4 piece makeup kit ealrier this week though.  It looks like it mihgt be handy when I travel!!!