Respected Contributor

Does anyone own the Artis brushes or dupes?

If so what are your thoughts? What do you like or dislike about them? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone own the Artis brushes or dupes?

I bought some dupes but I did not care for them at all. I tried to apply my mineral powder foundation and it was difficult to spread and blend evenly. The worst part was applying my blush. That was impossible to blend. It was more work than it was worth so I tossed them in the trash. Maybe I got a bad set of dupe brushes but I'm not about to spend my money on the those Artis brushes either. I know some people here like those a lot. 

Respected Contributor

I bought an inexpensive dupe at TJMaxx, around $10.  It was okay.  Nothing great, nothing better or worse than anything else I have.  I compared it to the IT Cosmetics large brush with the flat top.  I tried it on liquid foundation and on IT's foundation that comes in the compact (not a powder).  I'm glad I didn't spend the $75 on the Artis brush that I hunted down online.  What I don't understand is why the narrowest part of any of these brushes is where the most stress is placed when applying makeup.  It seems like the handles can snap.  My opinion - treat yourself to a dupe and see if YOU like it.

Happy shopping!!

Honored Contributor

I have 2 - the larger oval one that I use for my primer, foundation and concealer and a really small one for the bare minerals bisque that I use under my brows and in the corner of my eyes to cover the dark area.  I have to say they are the best!  I could never get a really smooth application for my concealer and the corner of my eyes, but now all my makeup goes on so smooth and easily blends.  I was pleased with the Beauty Blender but there is no comparison!

Occasional Contributor

I purchased a four-piece set several months ago when they were a special price on the other shopping network.  I use the large one for my Edward Bess illusion foundation, medium for blush and the small eyeshadow brush.  I love the ease and speed of using them in getting a good smooth application.  I don't use the thin one for eyeliner much as I usually just use eyeliner pencils. But I do like them very much and reach for them most of the time.   I just ordered the big palm brush that was a special price today. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The big palm brush is the one I'm intrigued about. I know there are dupes out there for it. Please let us know what you think of it after you've used it. @azkatail

Respected Contributor

I have them but I've been too lazy to even try them lol. Been slapping on IT CC cream. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

If so what are your thoughts? What do you like or dislike about them? TIA

@wvumountiefan - I bought a big set for a very inexpensive price on Amazon - Yoseng Foundation Oval Makeup Concealer Powder Brush Set, Rose Golden.  The listing says "rose golden" but don't be fooled, the handles are painted plastic so you have to be careful not to press down too hard.  That said, reviewers have commented that they are strong nonetheless.  The brushes actually work well for the money.  I haven't used them with any kind of wet foundation or BB cream, but I do like the way the brushes lay down powdered products.  They do take a little getting used to and practice doing eye shadow and liner.

Respected Contributor

I bought the set of 3 Artis brushes that HSN was offereing as a set.  The set had the Oval 6 foundation brush, an oval 3 eye makeup brush and a linear 1 brush that could be used for eye liner or lip liner.  It also came with a brush cleaning pad and cleaner but I have not used those yet. 

I am very pleased with the Oval 6 foundation brush.  I use NARS radiant creme foundation and this brush just feels like it makes it go on so much smoother and easier than with the sponge that came with the makeup.   I have not tried this with a powder foundation. 

I can't seem to get the hang of the oval 3 for the eyes though so I like that less.  Maybe I should just be using it under my brows and and not on the lid or maybe I just haven't figured out the trick for it.  I guess I need to find some online tutorials.  I use a pencil for eye liner so I've used the linear 1 brush for a lip liner and that works okay. 

I would definitely invest in another foundation brush in the future.   It is great for me.  I'm not so sure for the others.

Honored Contributor

I have seen the dupes at TJ/Marshalls but seeing as I have a nice collection of Real Tech brushes I didn't buy any.

I did see a Caylin (sp) brush there for a really good price recently so that's might be an option.

TJ/Marshalls are really stepping up the beauty game around here, just bought some no name eyeshadows today $5 pan