Regular Contributor

Does anyone like the Blender sponge?

I got one from Birchbox and one from Allure and I used it and loved it but they are mini but still I am amazed, I always used my hand for years and then a foundation brush and I got addicted to that and said NO not trying anything else but a lady told me in Sephora that you get it wet then you squeeze it out and use it and my makeup looked unreal................I looked fabulous in foundation...............so its a blender from now on.............I need to get a big one...........but that is like $25 so maybe in a few weeks but I am going to try and stay with the mini's.  Do you like this blender and do you use it?

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone like the Blender sponge?

[ Edited ]

I personally hate blender sponges because they soak up too much foundation and they're hard to clean.  I hate seeing foundation on those sponges after cleaning them.  I much prefer a foundation brush, but right now I'm loving a sonic brush I recently purchased.  It's fast and you look like you've just been air brushed.  The brushes comes out clean and you don't see foundation left on it.  

Sponges also hold bacteria.  Yuck! 

Honored Contributor

I love the beauty blender, yes, it is a pita to clean, but I love the way my foundation looks.I won't be without one. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I love them....I didn't understand how to use them when they first came out, but once I saw Wayne Goss demonstrate, it's the only thing I use. They are amazing and when used as it was on you, yes-it makes your foundation look amazing! I also have found it increases wear longevity. BTW, I still have the original from when it first appeared. The original creators wanted you to return the "dead" sponge back to them for recycling...my original Beauty Blender is showing no signs of wear....it gets washed everyday and goes into the laundry with my face cloths once a week. I have had it for years.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@ILoveFragrance, a week ago or so, a poster was in a rush to get her makeup on. She took the pointed end, swept it on her eyeshadow and applied it and said it looked great. I have yet to try that, but why not?

AI meant to say that I not only use it for foundation and concealer-it does make a huge difference-after my finishing powder goes on-I use the sponge to set my makeup. 

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I personally hate blender sponges because they soak up too much foundation and they're hard to clean.  I hate seeing foundation on those sponges after cleaning them.  I much prefer a foundation brush, but right now I'm loving a sonic brush I recently purchased.  It's fast and you look like you've just been air brushed.  The brushes comes out clean and you don't see foundation left on it.  

@Blingqueen023  Which one did you get?  I've been looking at the Michael Todd, but it would be an investment for sure.  Still, it gets a lot of good reviews.  I wonder if there's a dupe that's worth considering?

Respected Contributor

The Real Techniques sponge does the same job as the Beautyblender and it is much cheaper.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Blingqueen023  Which one did you get?  I've been looking at the Michael Todd, but it would be an investment for sure.  Still, it gets a lot of good reviews.  I wonder if there's a dupe that's worth considering?

@JeanLouiseFinch I got the Michael Todd one and it's great.  I swear it takes so little time to cover your entire face.  Looks air brushed.  I wouldn't pay 79 dollars for it though.  I got it on sale on HSN for 49 or something like that.  I would wait for it to back on sale and it probably will.  I wouldn't substitute another oe for this.  I have Doll10's and the Michael Todd brush is much better.  If I see the Michael Todd one on sale again, I'll post and let know.  It's really nice and I even purchased the extra brushes which comes in handy.  The brush head are superior and easy to clean.  They really look brand new after drying.  

Respected Contributor

I have always preferred sponge application to brush or hands.  Never could get the hang of applying makeup with a brush and using my hands grosses me out for some reason.  I found the Beauty Blender some time ago and I love it. Makeup goes on quick, even, and looks great. 

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Blingqueen023. ITA. I prefer my many brushes when I rarely use Foundation. The sponges are more difficult to clean. Before the Beauty Blender & we only had the pkgs. of the triangle sponges, didn't use those either.