Honored Contributor

Does anyone like Josie Maran Tanning Oil?

I have been using it for a couple months and just love love it. It is one of the best self tanners I have ever used, and I have tried so so many.

I see she has the self tanner body butter that has been re formulated and now gets great reviews.

Does anyone like either of these self tanners too?  Smiley Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone like Josie Maran Tanning Oil?

I have tried every tanning brand QVC has to offer over the last 10 years. I have had successful results with most of  them, but Josie's has been the best for me so far. Hers is a step above all the others for one reason- the way it fades. I am extremely pale and I wear self tanner just to look normal. Every other self tanner fades in patches. Or leaves scaley lizard looking skin. Josie's tanning oil (the one that was a tsv) has such a beautiful, natural fade that doesnt look so obvious as the others. I may try the body butter, however I really love the oil. 

Trusted Contributor

I love it. It does just naturally fade. No blotchy patches as it wears off. I only use it about once  a week. I don't want to look actually tan just a little color on my arms & legs. It feels like a self tanner right after putting it on, a little tacky, but the next morning it feels fine and it doesn't rub off on my towels or sheets. I mix in a little argan or other oil around my elbows and ankles so it doesn't grab color too much. I really like it. It doesn''t smell nasty at all. Smells good. I bought it off the bay. Way less expensive. 

Respected Contributor

This was my first year using Josie's Tanning oil and very pleased with it. I had pretty much given up on self tanners because just wasn't pleased after trying just about everything out there from drugstore brand to high end. However, recently I found another one that I think I like better than Josie's Oil. It's the Mine Tan Coconut Coffee Tanning Foam. Used this for the first time this past week and feel that it does a much better job. There are no streaks at all and no funky color around the ankles. I think once I use up my Josie I will be switching to this brand. I love Josie's products and don't want to bash her. Before I tried Mine Tan, Josie's Oil was the best IMO.

Honored Contributor

I so agree with when it fades naturally without any weird looking areas.

Another good thing is it is Non Toxic and thats important to me.  I used to

use tan towels and drugstore tanners but dont want those chemicals all over my skin!!!

I will check in to the Mine Tan also  Smiley Happy thanks everyone!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs, I forgot to mention that it also comes with a coffee body scrub which is awful! Many reviewers complained about the scrub being messy. Messy isn't the word for it! It gets everywhere and very hard to clean up. It also makes the bottom of the tub slippery. The price of the 2 is worth getting just to get the foam. They also sell a Moroccan one on QVC which gets nice reviews for dry skin. I have dry skin but the Coconut Coffee was fine for my dry skin. Good luck.