Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know what "REJECT" on a package mean?

I ordered five Philosophy concealers, and they arrived in five separate manilla envelopes with a "REJECT" label on the front.  Does anyone know what this means?  Are these products safe to use?  I called customer service, and the lady I spoke with didn't know what they meant either and said I should return them.  What a hassle!  Did QVC put the REJECT sticker on, or Philosophy, or the post office?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what "REJECT" on a package mean?

[ Edited ]

@bjbugs 

Here's an older thread about that same topic. You might want to take a look at it.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/REJECT/td-p/6456431

Honored Contributor

Sounds like perhaps the original package was damaged, was repackaged and should have been returned to the sender, not the addressee. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bjbugs wrote:

I ordered five Philosophy concealers, and they arrived in five separate manilla envelopes with a "REJECT" label on the front.  Does anyone know what this means?  Are these products safe to use?  I called customer service, and the lady I spoke with didn't know what they meant either and said I should return them.  What a hassle!  Did QVC put the REJECT sticker on, or Philosophy, or the post office?  

@bjbugs 

It isn't very clear what you mean ......    Was the Reject label on the inside packaging or the outside packaging?   

If you think the PO put it on, then it was on the outside packaging ... correct?

If you can determine it was Philosophy that affixed it, by that I mean inside packaging, it could have been a problem with either the product or the label had ingredient mistakes and couldn't be used due to inaccuracy.   

Another thought .....   could the Reject label have been on a bunch of blank mailing envelopes and QVC just used them to fill the order, so as not to waste the envelopes?  

Occasional Contributor

The only packaging was the manilla envelope.  The label was on the outside of it.  Upon closer examination, the REJECT label also shows the date it shipped, a Station number, Control Tag ID number, a Piece number, and it says "QVC Florence," so I'm assuming QVC put the sticker on???

Occasional Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. I received a Josie Maran item with a "reject" sticker on the outside envelope. I definitely think the the sticker was put there by QVC and not the post office. The product seems fine and I'll probably keep it.