Contributor

Does anyone know if this product exists?

A lip color that really does NOT bleed into the lines around your lips.  Thanks for your knowledge.  I'm retired now and don't have to do the whole makeup thing anymore, but any lip color going into these lines looks awful and just draws attention to them.  Anyone?

Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone know if this product exists?

Estée Lauder’s All Day Lipcolor is a bit “dryer” than most which helps, but I would start with a good lip pencil. Lining your lips can really help with the bleeding.  

Honored Contributor

@sixteencharacter  The 24 hour wear ones with no transfer (Maybelline and Cover Girl have good ones but even with using a gloss or lip moisturizing stick over they are drying unless you keep reapplying them.  

Frequent Contributor

Try the Rimmel Lasting lipstick in the red tube. It is the best at staying put and I have tried so many brands. I love the shade 104. You can find it at Walmart and CVS.
Honored Contributor

I have had these issues for quite a number of years.  Have had to give up wearing really moisturizing lipsticks which I really love! I think unfortunately the trade off is having to use the matte ones and in shades that are not real dark.  

Also, applying them very sparingly seems to help as well.  I don't like the feel of these lipsticks very well, as after awhile my lips feel kind of parched.  But if I am going to be out for a good while, I do use them.  

If, however, I am out for a short jaunt I may wear a lip product or gloss which is more moisturzing but not very dark and then I am careful to apply lightly and kind of wipe the excess off around the lip line.  This seems to help also.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I'm still a big fan and user of MoodMatcher lipsticks. I just found a set on Amazon that I ordered. They are, by far, the longest lasting lipsticks I've ever used. It stays exactly where you put it, no bleeding, no smearing, no lipstick marks on glasses/cups. Give them a try.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm still a big fan and user of MoodMatcher lipsticks. I just found a set on Amazon that I ordered. They are, by far, the longest lasting lipsticks I've ever used. It stays exactly where you put it, no bleeding, no smearing, no lipstick marks on glasses/cups. Give them a try.

@ID2   MoodMatcher lipsticks are made by Fran Wilson and are on their website in different formations. They have sales and special pricing regularly if you sign up for their emails. The site is franwilson.com

MoodMatcher 6 Piece Gift Set for $27:

MoodMatcher Luxe Gift Set. Currently on sale for $10.

MoodMatcher lipsticks sold individually $5

Other options on their site.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

I like to use this e.l.f. :

Lip Lock Crayon - $3

"Keep your lipstick, lip gloss and lip liner from feathering, traveling or budging with the smooth glide Lip Lock Pencil. Your lip color stays locked in place for continuous wear. The colorless formula is perfect for any skin tone and fills in fine lines around the lip."

ELF-Lip-Lock-Pencil-Lip-Primer-CLEAR.jpg

It goes on clear, feels like a lip balm, not drying and keeps my lippies from moving. Apply it first then put your lippy on top. Top-rated, too!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

look at matte liquid lipsticks

there are many of them at all prices

stay away form creams and sheers 

it's all I wear now

Respected Contributor

I use a lip pencil in nude so as not to worry about color. Lipstick Queen makes a good one. I also like the E.L.F. Then I use Sara Happ plump and prime. It does not really plump but it creates a soft unwrinkled lip. Lipstick (any type) stays put.