Respected Contributor

Does anyone in their 60s and up wear loose mineral foundation

Just wondering. While I like the smooth coverage of my Lancôme powder compact, it has a matte finish. My skin look even drier than usual. Does Bare Minerals have a sheen to it? Would it also look dry on me? What has your experience been?

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone in their 60s and up wear loose mineral foundation

I'm in the and up category, and in the summer months I wear bare minerals. When it's hot and humid it helps reduce the " glow ."  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to wear it but then I saw myself in the mirror one day and I looked like I had an ashen look on my face. It was horrible. I looked like I was sickly. Threw it in the trash. I now use L'Oréal Age Perfect.I don't wear a who lot anyway because I just sweat it off.

3643432F-357E-4ABC-B54E-17E27F630654.png

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I gave up bareMinerals when I turned 50.

It was the first foundation that didn't turn tangerine.  Loved it -- it was foolproof.

But I just needed something a little more "dewy" so, again, the experimentation began.  Exhausting!  Tried liquids, creams, hybrids, BB creams and CC creams.

I've been happy with Lumene CC cream because, for me, it's as much skincare as it is foundation.  I still recommend CC creams but they're getting harder to find.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

PUR pressed mineral foundation has shea butter in it so it never dries out my skin. It gives me a natural satin finish, not matte. I don't care for matte on me b/c it's aging, looks like a mask, shows every line or wrinkle and I don't have any. I'm 66.

ETA - This foundation is actually more than just a foundation. It contains some skincare actives ( "An encapsulated blend of Retinol, Lactic Acid, Shea Butter, and a Ceramide") which help improve the look of your skin over time. 

theNotice - Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15 review,  swatches, photos | Porcelain vs Fair - theNotice

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The original Lancome Dual Finish powder foundation is still, in my opinion, the best on the market. You can't wear too much of it.....but it is the powder foundation that makes my 60 year old skin look the best. It is a classic for a reason.

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn Bare Minerals in 20 years.

I have found the "silk like"feeling and light coverage  of Bobbi Brown's anti aging foundation and her powder!

I love the two products and she regularly gives specials on her site.

Intensive Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40/35 | Bobbi Brown Cosmetics

Super Contributor

I'm glad you asked the question.I haven't worn BM for years because it was too messy. Lot's of good suggesitions here. I usually go without makeup because I'm home a lot but I use sunscreen if I go out. 

Esteemed Contributor

find your shade at most beauty shops or department store.

Sheer light to medium buildable coverage that is not matte.  I don't do matte either.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother    I don't know how any women over 50 can wear mineral makeup.  It makes you look older.  Rather a lightweight liquid or cream would be best.  there are so many to choose from with light to full coverage.  You have to catch sales when 20 to 25% is given off.   I wear Bobbi Brown.  Look at Nordstrom as shpg is free and there is a large selection.

kindness is strength