Honored Contributor

Does anyone have the tourmaline Ionic pattle brush being sold today on HSN?

Just wondering how well this works  for shoulder length hair. It looks like it does a nice job straightening and smoothing the hair.

Simply Straight™ Professional Ionic Tourmaline Styling Brush with Heat Mat
499-128

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the tourmaline Ionic pattle brush being sold today on HSN?

I don't have the exact brush, but I have a T-3 Tourmaline Ionic brush sold on Qvc and have had it about a year.  It worked beautifully when new, smooths the hair and I actually love it but found that the Tourmaline/Ions don't seem to last.  I thought maybe it was the build up of hair on the brush so I continually cut the hair off the center roll but I believe it actually has a "shelf life" to the Tourmaline and Ions in the brush.  AND to top it off, the brush broke the other day and there's no way to fix it.

Has all this stopped me from getting another brush?  No, I just ordered another one because I liked what it did for as long as it did it....

I hope that makes sense .... I love what the Tourmaline and Ions do for the hair.... just wish the action lasted longer....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the tourmaline Ionic pattle brush being sold today on HSN?

@SeaMaiden,

A while back I did some reasearching about these kind of straightening brushes. Several of the reviews for the Simply Straight said it got tangled and pulled on their hair. There are other brands, too, that make this style of brush. Most of the negative reviews I found were mostly about the tangling and pulling issues. 

There was one I found, slightly different in design, that had really good reviews. This one has a rectangular paddle and the bristles are enlongated to provide ease getting it thru the hair.  My friend bought it after I told her about it and loves this. Check amazon, a few different brands there of this design.

2-in-1-ionic-hair-straightener-brush-professional.jpg