Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a good Vit. C ~ and Hyaluronic Acid Serum ?

Many vitamin c serums contain hyaluronic acid. It's a common base for serums that are silicone free.

Super Contributor

I'm another who likes NCN's C serum. As SuzyQ highlighted, it has HA in it. But I have to say, I LOVE Kate Somerville's Dermal Quench for a HA boost. But for C, I think NCN's is tops.

Respected Contributor

On 10/10/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I'm another who likes NCN's C serum. As SuzyQ highlighted, it has HA in it. But I have to say, I LOVE Kate Somerville's Dermal Quench for a HA boost. But for C, I think NCN's is tops.

@MarenSeattle,

Have you ever used Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

Mario Badescu has a hyaluronic emulsion with Vita C that I've used. It's a pretty small bottle at $30, but a good way to try it before you invest in something spendier.

Frequent Contributor

I have tried many vitamin C products but my absolute HG item is purchased from Amazon, it is called NuFountain 20+ Lightening Vitamin C Serum and it contains 20% topical L-Ascorbic acid vitamin C, alpha arbutin and niacin amide serum. I just ordered my fifth bottle and wont use another brand. I mainly use vitamin C because of hyperpiugmentation, hence the "lightening" formula, though they make other formulas too.

As far as hyaluronic acid, I can't make any recommendations to you, my skin does not like the stuff, which is why I did want to mention, if you havent used HA before you may wat to buy two different products, that way if your skin doesnt react well with Vit. C or HA you can still use the other product.

Good luck.

Super Contributor

On 10/10/2014 rina33 said:

@MarenSeattle,

Have you ever used Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum?

I haven't, although I know there are some devoted users out there. Are you one of them? :-) If so, why do you like it so much?

I've read good things about Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, which is what he uses, but don't know how it measures up to the "gold standard" L-Ascorbic acid. Ditto with the Calcium Ascorbate. I have to admit I'd like to see what all the rave reviews are about, and I'll probably pick up one of his little Try Me type kits one of these days.

Respected Contributor

ITA, best C serum ever and I've tried a lot. From high end to the one sullw referred to, NuFountain. I was pretty loyal to that until they could not source their ferulic for months on two occasions. Moved on to NCN and not looking back. Even tried PC's after and went back to NCN.
Regular Contributor

I have been a firm believer in Obagi for years. Then I checked and they are not cruelty free. I stopped using them and am using Emergin C 20% right now, but looking for something less expensive. Obagi was just so good!

Quit PTR because of cruelty issues also.

Trusted Contributor

I am using pure hyaluronic acid, it is a liquid and you can either put it directly on your tongue or mix it in a glass of water. It is called Synthovial Seven, an age defying formula for overall joint and skin health. It contains 3 mg. of pure hyaluronic acid for healthy joints and normal mobility, healthy skin and lips, clear healthy eyes and healthy hair and scalp. It is non-animal derived and vegan friendly. It is the best hyaluronic acid on the market.
Regular Contributor

On 10/11/2014 luvtoshopathome said: I am using pure hyaluronic acid, it is a liquid and you can either put it directly on your tongue or mix it in a glass of water. It is called Synthovial Seven, an age defying formula for overall joint and skin health. It contains 3 mg. of pure hyaluronic acid for healthy joints and normal mobility, healthy skin and lips, clear healthy eyes and healthy hair and scalp. It is non-animal derived and vegan friendly. It is the best hyaluronic acid on the market.

Thank you very much for this.