Regular Contributor

Does anyone else mix tretinoin cream with their moisturizer ?

I mix it because after 4 years my skin is still sensitive. But, I will not give up because it works. I only use .05% , last winter I only used .025%.

Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone else mix tretinoin cream with their moisturizer ?

I mix it with 4% hydroquinone cream which is more emollient and then after an hour put on moisturizer.

Valued Contributor

I mix mine with a hyaluronic acid serum, & like virgosun apply moisturizer an hour later.

Honored Contributor

I don't mix, but I layer.

Super Contributor

After I wash my face, I apply my moisturizer. Then, before I go to bed I put on the Trentinoin cream. I wasn't using it because my face felt too dry using it on its own, so this works for me.

Super Contributor

sometimes i mix it and sometimes i layer it.

Trusted Contributor

If I'm feeling dry before I apply Retin-A, I wait about an hour after applying it and then use a light moisturizer over it.

Contributor

No, no mixing at all. I am feeling lost without my nightly routine of layering several products I have used for so long, with updates once in a while. No, I do not use mix it. I am following instructions by my dematologist, which is to cleanse my face, pat dry with microfiber cloth, and leave my face bare for 20 minutes to totally dry. Then, I apply the Tretinoin 0.05% and use nothing else at all. It seems too easy to me, but trying to a good patient because it is expensive since the insurance company will not pay for it as I am using it for anti-aging purposes only.
Contributor

I don't mix, but I do layer it on after the tretinoin cream. I use the lightest strength as well and I still peel like crazy.

Do any of ya'll use this lotion/tretinoin cream on your neck, or is that too thin skin to use?

Valued Contributor

I always use my serum, wait about 1/2 hour and apply my Retin A. This time of year I do add an additional layer of moisture prior to bed time.